Author Topic: Release of Water Tonight  (Read 1193 times)

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
Release of Water Tonight
« on: May 27, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »
will flood the Brazos River.  Authorities want everybody out of Brazos River Area by 8:00 P.M tonight.

It's hard to believe that the docks and marinas on this lake were high and dry just a few weeks ago.

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Release of Water Tonight
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:36:44 PM »
I must be missing something since it is not even in flood stage when I looked today it was not even at pool elevation. Why would they let water out if this is true? They have not let water out of other lakes that are way above pool and some in flood stage but won't release water because of downstream flooding. Maybe waterdata website has this one lake wrong cause all other lakes listed seem fairly accurate?

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 07:21:31 PM »
Wish I knew the answer myself.

I was looking at a good site for Texas lakes today but can't find it now.  Part of the problem of getting old.  :(

The only thing I can think is that they take population density into the equation when they determine what lakes to release.

Arlington Lake had enough water released over the last day or so to bring it back to normal levels.  Yet Joe Pool continues to increase to the point where it is just over a foot below flood pool.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 02:16:38 PM »
If it's anything like my home lake silt has more than likely affected the accuracy of the gauging system....
Good to hear they are gonna let some wada out but bad for the folks down stream....
On your way back ta fishn EZ.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 03:32:40 PM »
EZ needs Joe Pool to open the gates so he and the Mrs can get back on the slip!

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 05:40:57 PM »
And that is probably a month or so away unless they open the gates wide open, which I doubt will happen.  I have a couple of pictures I took today with a telephoto lens.  The water is now up over the midlevel deck.  It's about 2' from the top deck/rear store entrance.

I don't how the front of the store looks since you can't get that angle from the road.

Register