Author Topic: Lake Palestine is picking up  (Read 937 times)

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
Lake Palestine is picking up
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:34:50 PM »
Jason Burton took a guy out today on one of his "Discounted" Guide Trips. After scouting for a few hours yesterday, Jason had a gameplan. 2 1/2 hours into the trip today he was getting a little nervous as they were fishless at that point. You don't SKUNK Jason Burton though! (as a general rule anyway LOL!). They pulled up to a new brushpile Jason found and BINGO! They sat there and caught well over a limit of keepers and kept around 20of the best ones. If you're interested in a Guide Trip on Lake Palestine that is discounted through December, give Jason a call, there is a link to his web site at the bottom of my signature. You'll be glad you did! He is also selling "Gift Certificates" at the current discounted rate, that can be used anytime in the 12 months after purchase. Here's a couple pictures from today's trip.

Offline Otisone

• Crappie Keeper
Re: Lake Palestine is picking up
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:37:15 AM »
Thanks Pepop, Keep on posting this good news.

My son, Buddie and I are going with Jason on Nov 21 and we hope we might get to hammer those big fish!  Your reports are sure getting us excited!

Thanks again,
Otisone

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:32:57 PM »
:congrat1
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 12:32:12 AM »
Thanks Pepop, Keep on posting this good news.

My son, Buddie and I are going with Jason on Nov 21 and we hope we might get to hammer those big fish!  Your reports are sure getting us excited!

Thanks again,
Otisone

Well Otis1, it's been pourin rain since around 5pm Thursday & here it is 12:30am Friday & it's still comin down! This happened 2 weeks ago & really messed up the fishin just as it was beginning to take off! Jason & I are going out around mid morning today to see what if any affect the rain has had. Regardless, by 11/21, things should really be poppin in all his Fall/early Winter spots!

Offline jasoniam

• Crappie Keeper
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 06:37:32 AM »
Dat's goood fishin right there!! Fished palestine only once and was skunked but man I need to make it out there to give it another go!!

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 09:03:24 AM »
Good to hear, thanks for the report. It seems like every time I try to get out there is a road block. Was supposed to be raining today but woke up at 530 anyway and checked the radar and it looked clear.  Arrived at my boat slip at 615 to find some one had had an accident the night before and took out the three phase power pole to The marina so the boat is stuck in the lift until they get power back on.  Figured I would try fishing the docks but the water that had just cleared up was muddy and flowing again and didnt get a bite.  Guess theres always next week.

I went out wednesday afternoon after work also and did a quick check of five piles.  Had similar results to Jason...zeroed on four of them but got ten keepers and as many throw backs on one of them. 

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 09:23:24 AM »
Looks as if the rain stayed up your way.  All we got was a few sprinkles, merely enough to wet the streets.

But they were getting rain south of us.  So I hope it does not add to the level of Joe Pool.

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 01:00:41 AM »
Well, I met Jason at the LP Resort at 9'ish and "STEPPED UP INTO THE BOAT FROM THE DOCK!!" and off we went! Hit the Ledbetter bridge first and 1st drop,  :kaboom  Jason got an 11" keeper. Nobites, No fish for another 15-20 minutes and we went back to the dock to pick up a TPD buddy of Jason's and off we went again. Hit a bp then our favorite tree, both there in Ledbetter cove but only a couple unders. One consolation though, Mike, Jasons buddy, brought his dog, Ted to drop off at an overnight boarder. Ted was a HOOT!! Anyway, we hit several brushpiles and found 1-2 fish here and 1-2 fish there but like I figured, the influx of more water all afternoon Thursday and all night Thursday night basically either scattered the fish or basically shut them down. BTW, once again our local weather men "SCREWED TH POOCH" (sorry Ted, not you!). They got the wind right and the 0-5 variable was great but when they said the temp would rise to the low 70's with a slight chance of an AFTERNOON shower, by 11:30 the temperature had fallen close to 10 degrees and a HARD rain caught us on the far side of the lake and we had to find an empty boat stall to duck in out of the downpour. It didn't last long, just 10-15 minutes, but I was SOAKED and like I said, it was getting cooler. We hit a couple standing trees and gave up. I didn't count but I figure there were only 7-8 fish in the box. Jason was gonna take them home for supper but as he took them out of the livewell and tossed them into a bucket, he had 4-5 in the bucket when he grabbed the BFOD and tossed it in the bucket. About that time, that big crappie gave a FLIP and the bucket fell over and the fish all slid back into the lake! The PERFECT end to a PERFECT day........NOT!! It WAS fun times with GOOD folks though so it's all good! Here's that BFOD... The 2nd picture is the same fish but Ijust wanted to give Ted the spotlight for a minute.

Offline jasoniam

• Crappie Keeper
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 06:28:22 AM »
Holy carp, that is a monster crappie!!! WOW....

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 05:57:14 AM »
them jigs hanging out the mouths of them there whale crappies look mighty familiar ........hehehehe
 :kaboom
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Register