Author Topic: The Dilema ....  (Read 221 times)

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
The Dilema ....
« on: June 04, 2017, 06:32:23 AM »
Friday night conversation as follows ....daddy are you off work tomorrow ? yes ....daddy are you going fishing tomorrow ? yes .....
No your not ! .....without me ...... :roflmao1
so even though I wanted to go ketch a few crappie ...."we" went and hammered the bluegills between rain squalls instead .....
KABOOM  :gunslinger :gunslinger
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline Denhaire

• Crappie Keeper
Re: The Dilema ....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 08:33:01 AM »
So many times I reflect back and realize I made the wrong choice.  I am glad you are not committing that folly.  Wish I had a do over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 09:06:10 AM »
And we know what is on the menu today...... right?
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline SgtCrabby

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »
Yep, that is the correct choice you made there with the younger one.

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 06:56:11 AM »
well to be sure it aint quite right to leave her if she wants to go and it is somewhat involved taking a 5 year old girl to the lake , but the good news is I knew where a bunch a bluegill would be in a nice spot on a lake close by and we only ketch fish in short windows anyway as it is with small ones most of the time .
I know one thing for sure , she loves to yell FISH ON and had one on the very first cast and that's hard to beat for entertainment for sure  :clap
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline SgtCrabby

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 06:14:57 PM »
Oh I know the things involved with taking a little one fishing.  I raised three daughters, one that loved to fish. And I have 1 out of 5 grands that likes to fish.
The rewards far exceed the hassles.  :clap

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 08:20:32 AM »
Awesome job dad!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 09:38:19 AM »
HaHaHaHaaaaaa....I wonder where she got that "FISH ON" from..... never mind I thought it was someone else that posted that..... :roflmao1 :ROFLMAO :LOL :roflmao1
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 08:36:19 PM »
Oh I know the things involved with taking a little one fishing.  I raised three daughters, one that loved to fish. And I have 1 out of 5 grands that likes to fish.
The rewards far exceed the hassles.  :clap

similar here.  I had one out of three who loved to fish.  Until he discovered girls.  :(

I have four grandsons who love to fish but unfortunately they live in Chicago.  We can't travel anymore so only get to see them at Christmas when the family flies in to visit.  They normally can only stay a few days so it's seldom the weather cooperates when they are here.

I have two grandsons here but both are two busy with video games to go fishing.  But I keep trying and offer them the chance to go with me the few times I get to go now.

Offline SgtCrabby

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »
Update:  I've found one of my granddaughters likes to fish too!

So right now it's 1 grandson, and 1 grandaughter.  Making 2 of 5 grands; my average is looking good.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 09:39:07 PM »
I have 4 of 7 grandsons who love to fish and one granddaughter I don't know about yet as she is too young.  But the 4 who love to fish live in Chicago so I seldom get to fish with them.  :( 

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 07:34:38 AM »
video games are ruining our young ones , I saw an article the other day that said we have already lost an entire generation of young men to them....
I have a nephew that cant put a game down for anything , zero interaction with him , doesn't want to do anything except that ....   :BrickWall
KABOOM

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 08:59:01 AM »
video games are ruining our young ones , I saw an article the other day that said we have already lost an entire generation of young men to them....
I have a nephew that cant put a game down for anything , zero interaction with him , doesn't want to do anything except that ....   :BrickWall

Yeah, but before that it was radio, then comics, then tv, etc. There will always be the next new thing to take away focus from more classic pursuits. It's a shame, but I think saying that an entire generation is "lost" is a little bit overselling it...

Register