Author Topic: 10 mph wind...pfffttt!  (Read 90 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Slabmaster
10 mph wind...pfffttt!
« on: June 07, 2017, 09:15:27 PM »
Today was a challenge for sure.  The wind and water were too rough to watch my line and if I went to a heavier jig then I wouldn't get bit.  The fish were mostly hitting on the fall and I guess they wanted a slow fall.  Like to have never found them but they were sitting on the bottom in 19 fow.  The water surface temp was 91 degrees so I'm assuming the water was cooler on the bottom.  My best jig today was a hand tie by PePop that resembles the B. Garland blue ice shad.  The bite was about as light as I've ever seen it.  Today was catch and release day.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: 10 mph wind...pfffttt!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 06:38:24 AM »
Finally getting hot for sure.  Great report!  Don't believe I would have been able to figure that bite out

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 06:53:11 AM »
Finally getting hot for sure.  Great report!  Don't believe I would have been able to figure that bite out
It was easy....I failed to close the bail on my reel and while I was fooling with the trolling motor (trying to keep the boat off the bridge) the jig fell to the bottom.  When I started to reel it up...Kaboom!  hahaha   These hot water fish just don't act right some times. lol

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:05:28 PM »
Catchn is catchn & I enjoy any bite as long as they bitn......

Wind? yeah they don't ever get that right...
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:38:47 PM »
I'm sure it was a fun day, even with all the frustrations.    :NiceThread

Register