Author Topic: Afternoon on Martin Creek 5/18  (Read 504 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Afternoon on Martin Creek 5/18
« on: May 18, 2015, 08:52:30 PM »

The rain quit about noon and I was on the lake by 2pm.  The south wind was pretty tough.  Had just about given up on finding any crappie but wanted to try one more spot and that's where they were hiding. Caught 12 with only one cull.  They liked the silver jig with blue tail feathers.  I wish I had taken a picture of my graph, my goodness at the perch. Had to put my plastics away the perch were biting the tails off of em.  Crappie were in 24 fow and were biting at about 10 to 12 fow.  I only felt a thump on a couple and the others were so light you would never know they were there until your line got heavy.  The main lake visibility is about 3 ft. which ain't bad considering the rain we had (another 2 inches this morning).  Gave the fish to a couple that were fishing on the boat dock.  They had been there all afternoon with only a couple sun perch in their basket.  Smiling faces and they'll eat crappie tonight.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Afternoon on Martin Creek 5/18
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 09:53:42 PM »
Good that you got out & got'em figured out....
Ain't no better feel'n than surprising a bank fisherperson with some great table fair....
WTG BH!!!
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Afternoon on Martin Creek 5/18
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »
Next time start at the last spot instead making it the last spot.   :ROFLMAO

Register