Author Topic: Well it finally happened  (Read 1154 times)

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Well it finally happened
« on: June 06, 2015, 12:58:41 PM »
Got my first limit, ever, finally.  I really thought it was going to happen last week.  Went out all day trying for crappie last week and ended up catching probably 50, but only seven kept.  Fished BP's from 10-20' and everyone was covered up with dinks. 

Midweek the family ventured out for dinner on the lake and some swimming and came across some herons hovering and picking up gizzards floating on top.  The boys whacked the hybrids pretty good so I decided to bail on the crappie and fish hybrids yesterday with a buddy and his dad yesterday.  Well we spent the morning whacking big sand bass and junior hybrids, but never found the big fish so we knocked off early. After dropping my buddy off decided to go check a couple brush piles before shutting it down and glad I did.  Started off with a Mr Fry black emerald shiner from thermocline and started whacking them as soon as I dropped it down.  Got probably ten off the first pile before it slowed down.  All of them were 11-12" black crappie except one decent white but I didnt care.  Moved to next pile and same thing, 11-12" black crappie fast as I could get the jig down.  Finally broke my jig off and picked up one of Pepops wizzards that was sitting on my console to see if color mattered at all.  Well it did.  First fish up was big fish of the day, big toad white.  All the rest to get to the limit were solid white crappie.  Was fishing in 14 fow, 10' down.  The bone head rod I got for christmas had its best work out to date.  Most rewarding thing was that all the fish came off cedars tops a buddy and I put put out this last winter.  We really thought the would be in a good spot fro just before and after the spawn but we probably caught three fish total off those piles in april and may combined.  But better late than never.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Well it finally happened
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 01:04:16 PM »

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 01:07:48 PM »
Great report, and its icing on the cake when your hard work pays off... Those are some solid fish, nicely done.
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 01:38:36 PM »
Congrats on the limit!  Very nice write up as well.  Sounds like you had a blast.  Thanks for posting.  It's my weekend to work so I am a little jealous. 
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 01:47:19 PM »
Thanks for the good words.  I know this is a crappie forum but here are few pics of a couple of hybrids my boys caught

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 03:53:43 PM »
That big grin says it all.    :clap :clap :clap

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 05:53:53 PM »
congrats on the limit.  Those are some nice ones.  Looks like there's a fish fry fixing to happen. :clap :clap

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 06:34:44 PM »
This is also a big smile forum.... Well done dad... and young men!
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 08:37:14 PM »
This is also a big smile forum.... Well done dad... and young men!

I like that

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 10:43:13 AM »
Juss can't beat trips like this :Thumbsup :Thumbsup :Thumbsup
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline RobertB

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 06:16:06 PM »
It's a great feeling when you know you have done everything right and have a limit to prove it.  WTG.    :clap

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 09:12:21 PM »
Excellent :clap

Offline captain happy

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 01:48:25 AM »
Awesome I can't wait to get out there and do some catching

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 01:47:39 PM »
by golly that looks like a fun episode for sure  :clap
KABOOM
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Register