Author Topic: afternoon fun  (Read 365 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
afternoon fun
« on: August 23, 2015, 09:37:50 PM »
Haven't been on Martin Lake in awhile so I thought I'd make a run and check on some condos I put out.  Found the condos but nobody home.  Found  fish on the side scan holding on some bridge pylons but couldn't get them to come out and play.  It took me awhile to figure them out but they wanted the jig swimming.  No dead sticking or jigging, it had to be swimming.  Flip it out there, count down to 10 and bring it back slowly, and the bite was so light you had to set the hook on anything that didn't feel just right.  Most all the fish were dinks but it was a blast and the ditch pickles were biting good too.  Even smacked a slimy blue.

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: afternoon fun
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »
Sounds like a fun filled day.   I would rather catch 100 dinks over only catching 8 or 9 slabs over the course of a day. 

But I am not a slab chaser but simply love the thrill of landing fish, any size. 

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 05:57:26 AM »
excellent.. It was too hot fer me!
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 05:57:36 AM »
BH that's been workn at my home lake also, flip tha jig out past the stump & let it fall back towards, above & by the stump, some thump the jig others slack line ya....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Register