Author Topic: A pleasant Thursday morning!  (Read 549 times)

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
A pleasant Thursday morning!
« on: August 28, 2015, 01:09:40 AM »
Took a buddy (Mr. Roachie) out Thursday morning and though the bite was still fairly scattered, there were signs of the recent cold front & rain beginning to have a positive impact. We culled through 20-30 dinks to end up with 15 good keeper crappie and 6 cats (Roachie insisted the cats go in the livewell so I had him hose it out real good at the house) one of which was a nice blue around 8#. My White Lightening Stinger in a 1/16oz and also in a Micro 1/24oz were responsible for the crappie. Roachie's minner's fooled the cats. It was a beautiful calm morning and never did get too hot.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: A pleasant Thursday morning!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 05:27:46 AM »
Great job Vernon!

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:10:31 AM »
nice....
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »
Good job, I can't wait to get back to some catching myself.  But the cats will never go in my live well.  It's reserved for crappie, and maybe a bull bluegill or two, but everything else goes back into the lake.   :ROFLMAO

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »
Sounds like a fun trip! 
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 08:05:46 PM »
Nicely done Pepop....uuuck cats in tha live well mixed with tha crappie...i woulda told your bud "get-a-rope"....& tie'em off the side of tha boat....lol
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline captain happy

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 06:32:19 AM »
Awsome!

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »
Good job, I can't wait to get back to some catching myself.  But the cats will never go in my live well.  It's reserved for crappie, and maybe a bull bluegill or two, but everything else goes back into the lake.   :ROFLMAO

Nicely done Pepop....uuuck cats in tha live well mixed with tha crappie...i woulda told your bud "get-a-rope"....& tie'em off the side of tha boat....lol

I'm with you guys 100%! The 1st cat he caught was the big'n & before I let him keep it he had to promise to keep it on 1 side of the divided live well, separate from the crappie & when he emptied the well at the house, he had to scrub it out THOROUGHLY! HA! My live well is cleaner now than the day I brought the boat home!

Offline captain happy

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 06:33:53 AM »
Love it!

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 06:46:00 AM »
haha, glad to read others thoughts about catfish in the live well (or in the boat).  :ROFLMAO

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 08:36:00 AM »
Good job fellers

Register