Author Topic: Lake Palestine 8/28/15  (Read 296 times)

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Lake Palestine 8/28/15
« on: August 28, 2015, 06:39:16 PM »
Fished Palestine with a buddy from 10-4 today.  We ended up having the best day we have had for crappie yet as far as numbers.  Fish were scattered just like Vernon reported so we just burned alot of gas and turbo fished a bunch of piles.  We checked a few shallow piles but those only had dinks so we focused on some of the new deep stuff we have found over the last few weeks.  Fished piles in 16-20' with the vast majority of fish coming 16' down.  Didnt spend too much time on any one pile and didnt have any pile produce more than six keeper fish.  Caught lots of dinks on top of the nice mess of fish we brought home.  My buddy wanted to try minnows today but way more fish went in the cooler on jigs.  However he did catch way more catfish than I did on those minners.  Weather was awesome for August in Texas.

This is our first summer chasing crappie, have always gone after white bass and hybrid stripers.  Must say this is far more challenging and rewarding.  Not ready for summer to end but that water temperature is definitely dropping from just two weeks ago

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Lake Palestine 8/28/15
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 08:11:08 PM »
PA that's aahh load right there....WTG.....
Looks like you've gotten on some super good spots...
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....