Author Topic: Another great morning on Palestine!  (Read 407 times)

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
Another great morning on Palestine!
« on: September 10, 2015, 11:43:19 PM »
that started out SLOW for the first 3 hours (only 1 in the box)! I got to go out with Jason Burton on one of his day's off again and I'm telling you, we were thinking all we were gonna be doing today was fishin! From 7:30 to 10:30 we just had the 1 fish in the box! Finally we pulled up to a brushpile in 15 fow off a point and right away Jason started catchin, though I was still fishin. Anyway, it slowed a bit on that pile so we moved about 50 yards to another pile and again, Jason started catchin. Truth is, I did catch a few from each pile but Jason thumped me pretty good. The action slowed there so we went for a cooling boat ride (it was starting to get hot!). We pulled up to our last stop and spent another 30-45 minutes catchin. We quit at 12:30 with 36 in the box. They really wanted something solid white or pearl and most were around 12 to 15 ft deep, just above the structure. No action shots today but here's the mess. BTW, make that 35 NICE CRAPPIE and 1 ditch pickle Jason felt inclined to keep!

Again, I encourage anyone not familiar with Lake Palestine, or even folks that might know the lake pretty well but are struggling to find fish, hook up with Jason (http://www.easttexasfinestfishing.com/)! He'll put you on the fish!

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Another great morning on Palestine!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 05:27:30 AM »
Awesome table of fish! We aren't starting until 10:00 today so hopefully that middle of the day bite will be good again

Offline captain happy

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 07:18:38 AM »
Wow that's awesome pepop.

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 08:37:17 AM »
I thought I spied a ditch pickle on that table

Offline captain happy

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 07:12:21 PM »
Yep looks like one ditch pickle lol

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 01:32:32 AM »
Very nice!  Seems like the last couple of times out for me were good midday as well.
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 08:03:26 AM »
Suppa NICE!
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....