Author Topic: Tough afternoon  (Read 413 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Tough afternoon
« on: September 25, 2015, 07:07:11 AM »
Haven't been on Martin Creek since July, so I thought I'd give it a try yesterday.  The water had cooled off a lot and the lake looked good.   Could find the fish but couldn't get them to open their mouths.  Wish I had taken a picture of them stacked up on a tree.  Caught several short fish and only 2 keepers.  The bass were working me over pretty good....THEY were biting.  Wish the weatherman had been in the boat with me enjoying the 6 mph wind he predicted....pffttt.  Waves breaking over the bow make it hard to feel a bite.  Finally had to give up the RR bridge and look for calmer waters.  Still a very enjoyable afternoon on the water.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Tough afternoon
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:17:05 AM »
Sounds like an alright day... better luck next go!
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:44:57 AM »
Sounds like an alright day... better luck next go!
:IAgree :Thumbsup
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 11:50:56 AM »
Since the bass were working you over you still had a fun day of catching, just not a fun time of eating what you caught.  :)

I look at Texas weathermen the look I look at a broken clock.  The clock tells the correct time twice each 24 hours, Texas weathermen get it right a couple of times a month.  The problem is that you don't know which those two days are until after you have suffered through their mistakes.  :)