Author Topic: Sunday & yesterday! Not great but not bad either  (Read 836 times)

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
Sunday & yesterday! Not great but not bad either
« on: September 30, 2015, 01:00:14 PM »
Took Jpenwell out Sunday and seemed like most of the trip we were eliminating unproductive water/structure! Though we marked fish everywhere we went, they just weren't takin what we were offerin, well, except for the dinks! Our last stop we did manage a few keepers but the unders still out numbered the overs!
Then yesterday I took Jason Burton out as his trailer had a flat and he hadn't been on the water in 3 weeks. Once again, dinks ruled the day but we did manage to catch a couple good fish and maybe a dozen to 15 keepers. Anyway, here are a few pictures. first 2 from Sunday and then from yesterday...BTW, WHO IS THAT MASKED MAN!?!?As for specifics, my Grape Limeade & Snow Ball were the preferred jigs, fished around bridge pilon's and deep timber and the fish were holding around 12 to 15 feet down in 17 to 22 fow. We marked a lot of bigger fish about a foot off the bottom in the timber but they weren't taking anything we sent down to them. The timber was hungry though and ate several jigs! :BrickWall

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Sunday & yesterday! Not great but not bad either
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 01:05:19 PM »
Those are some pretty bridge crappie!

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 01:08:07 PM »
The 2-3 good fish came off the timber Martin. Mostly "cookie-cutter" blacks from the 2 bridges.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 02:34:55 PM »
Look like some good catchn trips to me.... :fish
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »
least ya had some shade... Some nice fish there bud.
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »
Was the same story for me yesterday- lots of shorts.  Marked a good many, had lockjaw for some reason.  Fall bite is coming.  Nice report!
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »
Sorry Martin! I had a "cerebral hic-up" for a moment there! Actually 1 of the 3 good fish cane from timber & as you noticed, 2 came from bridges! It's a real rush when you catch 5-6 that average 5" with 1 @ 11" then there's a resounding "THUNK" and the ol PA rod doubles from the weight of a near 2# crappie! That kinda stuff will forever keep me coming back!

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
It's a real rush when you catch 5-6 that average 5" with 1 @ 11" then there's a resounding "THUNK" and the ol PA rod doubles from the weight of a near 2# crappie! That kinda stuff will forever keep me coming back!

For sure!

Offline crappieman

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 08:13:59 PM »
Nothing beats catching crappie with a good friend.   Except maybe catching big crappie with a friend.  :)

Offline captain happy

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 06:36:52 AM »
Thank for the report pepop.

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 12:35:45 PM »
looks like fun to me ....... :clap
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM