Author Topic: Friday was OK but not nearly as good as Thursday  (Read 334 times)

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
Friday was OK but not nearly as good as Thursday
« on: October 10, 2015, 12:28:15 AM »
Jerry & I were at it again at 8:30 Friday morning and set out to try to duplicate Thursday's action but we wanted to do it at spots other than where we did well Thursday. We really thought we were on to something when at our first stop at the mouth of a major creek, on a brushpile in 15fow, we caught a few keepers right off. Thursday, we didn't catch a keeper for over an hour. Anyway, in that creek cove we took 5-6 keepers from brushpiles & docks.  The 1st photo is a 12' fish I pulled from under a dock. Well, we went almost fishless for the next 2 hours, except for several 5" crappie. Temptation got the best of us so we went to the same bridge pilings we did so well at on Thursday. We fished the same way we did on Thursday but after about 10-12 column's we hadn't boated a keeper. They did finally turn on and for an hour & a half, till I had to leave, we boated 14 good keepers. 20for the morning, like I said, not as good as Thurs but OK. The 2nd photo is Jerry's BFOD and we really had a hard time deciding weather it was a black or a white. A nice fish either way. All fish were released just like Thursday. The last 2 shots were what the ride back to the ramp was like. A beautiful day but it did git a bit warm.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Friday was OK but not nearly as good as Thursday
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 07:16:52 PM »
Those flat calm days can be a challenge.. 
Y'all still got a good trip in, WTG....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 10:48:08 AM »
Still sounds like a fun type day to me.   :clap :clap :clap

Offline crappieman

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 12:01:15 PM »
I envy you.   :clap   I wish I was there so I could be on the lake today. 

Sure hate being back on the road again.  I had forgotten what it was like never be home for weeks at a time.  But it is nice to read reports such as this while I gone.  Lightens up my spirit and allows me to dream about being there with you, catching those large crappie.  :)

Register