Author Topic: We will see!  (Read 428 times)

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
We will see!
« on: October 28, 2015, 07:26:13 AM »
Heading out in about 30 minutes to see how the crappie are taking to a 6" per day rising lake level. I know 1 thing, all the trees that were JUST beginning to be visible are all gone now. We'll see!

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: We will see!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 07:40:21 AM »
Good luck and look forward to your report!  I swung by our boat slips yesterday and caught a bunch with the water level being up but only one was a keeper.  First keeper I have caught in our slips since June.  Usually October is good there if the water is up like it is now. 

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »
I sure hope you did not have the winds we have on Joe Pool this morning.  It was rocking the docks and making the walkways buck like a bronco.  Water was being pushed over some parts of the walkway as the waves broke over the walkway.

I fished my slip for about an hour before I had to come back home.  Our daughter was with the wife so I could not stay too long.  Only caught a half dozen bass, from 8"-14".  Tried to take pictures but the camera battery was dead.  It was good two days ago so I'm starting to think the gods don't want me taking pictures of my catch.   :ROFLMAO

I know they are sure making it hard for me to fish.  :(

:halloween2

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 01:29:43 AM »
Good luck and look forward to your report!  I swung by our boat slips yesterday and caught a bunch with the water level being up but only one was a keeper.  First keeper I have caught in our slips since June.  Usually October is good there if the water is up like it is now.
Tuesday was really BAD!! The rising water level plus the debris washed into the lake plus the 20+mph wind made it tough! I think once the lake level stabilizes it should get much better real fast.  Jerry & I fished for about 5 hours and boated 2 keepers and several of these...

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 05:31:15 AM »
That wind sure can kill your game plan.  Looks like we are going to have wind and rain today so we may just end up fishing boat slips.  Thanks for the report

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 07:30:03 AM »
No doubt lotsa wind ain't yer friend.....
Those no wind days hurt my catchn too, I like well the feesh like juss a lil ripple on the water cause they fer sure bite better then..... :Thumbsup
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 03:48:28 PM »
Well we got to fish for an hour and managed 9 keepers and a few throwbacks before the rain pushed us in.  Got three shootingdocks and the other six from brush 15-18'.  Our boat slips back in saline are still loaded with small fish but no keepers. Maybe next week we will get a chance to put in a full day.

Register