Author Topic: What a difference a day makes!  (Read 346 times)

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
What a difference a day makes!
« on: December 24, 2015, 11:25:49 PM »
Jason & I set out at 7 to see if we could duplicate Martin & the FIL's great trip yesterday, and we only had till 11 to do it. All I can figure is with the bright, moon lit night last night, the crappie must've fed all night! It was a beautiful morning and hardly a ripple on the water! I guess that was "The rest of the story" as yesterday the wind was pretty tough according to Martin and the afternoon bite seems to be the ticket. We managed a few and a couple pretty nice fish so it wasn't a total loss. Here's Jason with our 2 biggest and like yesterday, Grape Limeade & White Lightening were the preferred jig's.

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
Re: What a difference a day makes!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 01:57:50 AM »
A tough morning of fishing beats a good day a working.  Nice slabs there!
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 06:57:12 AM »
The ones you did catch were toads!  Very nice!  Thanks for the report.

The part I left out of wednesdays report was that my boat almost didnt start when we ready to come in so looks like I will be bumming rides until I can get it fixed.  We also noticed that the water was much warmer all the way back in saline and there was bait everywhere in the slips when we got in.  Really Good news was there are crappie in our boat slips in 6-8 fow as well and there was an aggressive afternoon bite.  Hopefully we dont get too much rain this weekend to wash them out.  Nothing over 12" and lots of unders but caught a bunch.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 08:38:36 AM »
Ain't it fun figuring'em out....  :Thumbsup :Thumbsup :Thumbsup
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 10:35:14 AM »
Nice.....
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Register