Author Topic: Weekend report  (Read 521 times)

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Weekend report
« on: January 17, 2016, 09:09:04 PM »
Fished friday from 10:00 till 4:00 and started off real slow.  By 1:00 I think we had six fish in the cooler.  Finally found a few later and ended up with 31 keepers with a few nice ones.  Caught all of them in 18-20 fow just off the bottom on grapelimeade and the guy from pepop and also an orange/chart jig a buddy tied for me. 

Saturday had to run out to the slips to get something off my boat.  Our slips are in 5-8 fow but we have still been getting a few surprisingly.  Weather was cold, drizzly and windy and bite was actually best it had been there since christmas day.  Fiinished with 16 keepers in just over an hour  and quit when I couldnt feel my fingers anymore with them still biting.  All came on small profile gray/black and cinamon brown jigs.

Went back out this afternoon to the slips hoping to reproduce that but never got a bite.

Caught this guy friday, he was wider than he was long, shaped like a football. Was only 9" but someday soon he's gonna have some big ole filets.

Offline captain happy

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Weekend report
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 09:15:03 PM »
Thanks for the report brother!

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »
Thanks for the report brother!

You're welcome.  Forgot to mention that both friday and saturday they wanted the bait absolutely still.  Bump the brush then just wait.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 12:03:27 AM »
Nicely done PA..... :Thumbsup :Thumbsup :Thumbsup
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 07:02:16 AM »
very nice.... :Thumbsup :Thumbsup
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline jasoniam

• Crappie Keeper
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 07:07:50 AM »
me likes me sum marina fishin!! looking good brother!!

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 12:46:33 PM »
Stopped by the docks yesterday again.  Didn't fish long but the bite was good.  Managed a dozen 8-11" fish and two nice surprises.  Got a big ole LMB to the surface, probably 4# but just couldn't manage to swing him up on the deck and the first 2# crappie from the slips of the year.  Most of the fish we have caught in the slips have been pretty washed out in color I guess on account of the muddy water but this one looked like the prettier fish we been catching in deep water.  Hopefully more to come real soon of those guys.

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 12:00:41 PM »
Excellent Martin! Great mess of fish!

Register