Author Topic: Too Windy  (Read 522 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Too Windy
« on: January 26, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »
Not much of a report today.  The wind ran us all off the lake. There was only one trailer left in the parking lot when I called it quits.  Managed 3 specs and a ditch pickle for fish tacos tonight.   Put the stress test to the Phoenix a couple times while heading back to the ramp....purty rough.  The few fish I caught were still holding on the bottom at about 15ft. and the Tuxedo colored shad pole is still getting the bites.  The bite was really lite and with the boat bouncing up and down I'm sure I missed many opportunities.  One of these days, I'm going to get that weatherman to go fishing with me when he has predicted 5 to 10mph winds.  :ROFLMAO

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Too Windy
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 10:16:13 AM »
I certainly know what you mean.  I took my wife to Lynn Creek Marina Monday to take the pontoon out.  First time I've seen 5-10 mile winds making white caps on the lake.

So we went to Joe Pool Marina and fished a couple of hours before the wind make us call it a day there.

The old dock configuration had most of the winds coming from the sides or the back of the slip so it was easy to block them off with tarps.  But this new dock configuration has the winds blowing into the front of the slip so you can't block them off with tarps if you want to fish.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 11:56:27 AM »
yep, it's a windy pig here...
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 12:46:12 PM »
which end of the pig is that wind coming from?   >:D

Register