Author Topic: Starting summer pattern  (Read 707 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Starting summer pattern
« on: April 03, 2016, 09:34:19 PM »
Spent a few days on Martin Creek with my nephew and his family.  Found some crappie starting to stack up under a bridge.  They were really hard to find for the last few months.  Found these in 15 fow about 7 ft. down hangin on to the bridge columns.  Blue and white was the jig they wanted.  Only got to fish when the wind would let us.  Tried them again this morning before breaking camp and it was dink city.  I think I found the romper room of crappieville.  Water was muddy all week which is strange for Martin....guess the run off finally made it's way to the lake.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Starting summer pattern
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:06:22 AM »
Looks like you had a fun few days.....caught'em & ate'um...ain't nothin better than fresh never frozen crappie.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 07:25:48 AM »
That's a good looking spread!  I cant wait for summer pattern to get here

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 07:44:01 AM »
Looks like you had a fun few days.....caught'em & ate'um...ain't nothin better than fresh never frozen crappie.....
SK, maybe you can help me with this.  Sometimes my fried crappie will come out mushy and I've noticed that it seems to only happen when I fry fresh caught fish.  My frozen fish turn out crunchy and flakey.  I cook at 375 degrees (use a thermometer) for about 3 minutes or until they float.  The fish in this picture turned out mushy and I was a little embarrassed about it.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 08:37:26 AM »
Try increasing the fry time.....
I always test my 1st batch to make sure everything is good well actually I test every batch as that is the best time to eat it is on a half samich straight outta the grease.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »
Throw the fish on ice before you clean them  and chillum good. That helps firm them up too....
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 09:22:12 PM »
Throw the fish on ice before you clean them  and chillum good. That helps firm them up too....
These were good and cold.  I was surprised that they were mushy.  It doesn't happen every time just every now and then I'll mess em up.