Author Topic: Another Thursday, heading to the lake!  (Read 644 times)

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Another Thursday, heading to the lake!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:39:58 AM »
Not a lot to report from Thursday in my boat! Though I talked to 3 boat operators and a total of 5 people and there were 5 limits taken before 1:00. Gerald & I didn't fare so well! We moved around too much I figure. We hit the big 155 bridge first and put half a dozen in the box but it took us 2 hours to do it. Then we moved on to brush piles in 12-17 fow and added another half dozen to the box. Then on to another area of vertical structure and added 4 more. Gerald took 16 home for the grease. I found out that if we had stayed at the bridge, the bite picked up shortly after we left. Anyway, if you're headed to Palestine for a crappie trip, get to the 155 bridge EARLY for a fair bite and STAY there but keep moving around till you get your limit. The fish were holding at ALL Column's, around the cross beam. (9-12 feet below surface.
Fish are being caught on miners (of course :TskTsk ), my Grape Limeade & my Snowball or White Lightening and of course, my Lake Palestine Special.
It was still a GREAT morning on the water, mainly due to starting off with this...

I missed the best shot when the sky behind the trees was more orange than silver, but I was driving to the ramp. It was a nice morning and the bite is only going to get better!

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 07:22:19 AM »
Sounds like a good trip to me... :cheers
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »
Any day on the water is a good day!   16 ain't bad at all, would feed my family with probably some left overs.   Great report!  Looks like we may not get much fishing in this afternoon before the rains hit.

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:19:39 AM »
Still sounds like a good trip since I have not been in a while and have found very few keepers in my trips this year.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:36:58 AM »
No doubt a good trip..... :Thumbsup
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 06:02:20 PM »
Doesn't sound too bad to me.  You got to spend time on the water and you ended up with enough fish for your partner to take home.   :clap

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 06:05:37 AM »
sure sounds like some fun to me  :clap
hopefully one day i can return to that beautiful lake in the near future
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM