Author Topic: REALLY CROWDED ....  (Read 923 times)

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
REALLY CROWDED ....
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:23:59 AM »
with tons of people .....
and a herd a crappie as well  :clap
8 foot down in 15 foot of water under a fixed float
draggin it SLOWLY over a brush top off a CROWDED public "fishin" dock
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: REALLY CROWDED ....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 09:26:59 AM »
I've yet to see a mount with as purdy a color scheme as a good looking crappie has...
Nice catches..... :Thumbsup :Thumbsup :Thumbsup specially round tha crowd....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:49:28 AM »
 :IAgree
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »
UH OH ...ding dong alert ! wrong lake ....I meant meridian state park .....hehehe  :hammer
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 04:04:59 PM »
I've yet to see a mount with as purdy a color scheme as a good looking crappie has...
Nice catches..... :Thumbsup :Thumbsup :Thumbsup specially round tha crowd....
it twas a hoot bro ...them folks out there thunk I was nuts for sure ....
just a jerkin slabs and a quick photo and back to jerkin  again ....LOL
KABOOM

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 04:07:03 PM »
WRONG LAKE ALERT please move this post to the Meridian State park lake area .......
KABOOM

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 03:08:50 PM »
What happened, did you reveal the name of your TOP SECRET Lake by mistake?    :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 07:32:28 AM »
yeppers my secret is out ......one lil fella learned all my state park secrets for sure ......sometimes ketchn crappie is just about understanding the water body they live in ....lots of good anglers over the years have taken spankins at spots that are loaded with crappie only because they didnt know what the particular fish in that particular lake liked ....me included
i fished there for years and never managed a single crappie myself ....never even thought there was more than one or 2 in there ...
my bad for sure .....NOW ...pay attention to this yawl ...
SECRET revelation time ....i was actually trying to originally ketch bluegill ....
i had worms and cocktail cooked shrimp with me ....
my first fish of the day was a small crappie on a pc. a shrimp ....
my second 2 fish were larger crappie on shrimp as well ...NO JOKE !
so at that point i tied on the TEST jig and went to work on em ....
there are no real numbers of baitfish to the best of my knowledge in there and the crappie there feed on other items ....
sometimes worms are great for these particular fish and in this case i bet they was eating crawdads that day ....
never say never and never give up ...
KABOOM

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 07:34:30 AM »
mind ya i want to hit it again and maybe keep a few to eat ....so stay tuned  .... :clap
KABOOM

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 07:35:47 AM »
and i did actually ketch 2 of my originally intended victims as well ....LOL KABOOM  :gunslinger
KABOOM

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 03:19:45 PM »
So it was a upgraded trip? Went for bream but caught crappie.....the downgraded trips are good too....
SET
THA
HOOK
.................... :fish
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 06:06:05 PM »
When I was in New York State with my son and his family I took my grandsons to a state park for fishing.  It was a catch and release lake.  We ran out of the bait that I brought but we had plenty of hot dogs for the boy's cookout.   I cut one of them into pieces, figuring the boys could at least catch some bream on them.

You can imagine how surprised I was to discover that bass and crappie would bite on pieces of raw hot dog!

So now I take nothing for granted when it comes to what the fish will hit.  My wife said I shouldn't have been surprised, if the fish will hit on pieces of dead metal they certainly should hit on anything that is actually food.  :)

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 10:21:05 AM »
Mighty fine job sir