Author Topic: Lite Bite 6-4-16  (Read 343 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Lite Bite 6-4-16
« on: June 04, 2016, 08:28:52 PM »
The sun broke out finally this morning so the wife agreed to go with me for a couple hours.  Not really any places around close to buy minnows for Martin Lake to she had to jig it today.  I was really surprised that the lake was as clean as it was considering we've had about 4 inches of rain this week.  Anyway, we didn't get on the water till about 11:30 and the bite was really slow.  She caught the first crappie and after that it went down hill.  We left the RR bridge and went to another bridge where the bite was a bit better.  About 2:00 it was starting to look like rain again so we high tailed it back to the ramp.  Brought a few home for dinner (crappie cakes).  Was  cleaning  fish at the state park and met TexMedic at the cleaning station.  Very nice young man.  Texas Toast was the preferred bait again today in about 10 ftw.  They seem to bite it better if it was swimming than jigging.  The bite was barely detectable and I never did feel the thump on a couple of them but rather just got heavy on the line.  No pics today...sorry.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Lite Bite 6-4-16
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:56:45 PM »
I hate when they don't give me the satisfaction of feeling the "THUMP" but it is what it is & is something we have to be prepared for.....
Bet that made your wife's day to catch the 1st feesh.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Lite Bite 6-4-16
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 01:25:35 PM »
Same here yesterday, I lost several at the surface cause they were just barely hooked. On some of um you would just feel the extra weight with no bite...
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><