Author Topic: Should I stay or should I go  (Read 135 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Should I stay or should I go
« on: September 13, 2016, 02:52:14 PM »
I definitely should have stayed.  Found some fish on brush first thing this morning but the bite was really slow.  After awhile I got to thinking of other places that have held fish in the past so off I go to the other end of the lake.  To make a long story short, I wound up right back where I started this morning.  Caught lots of dinks but managed 6 mohawks for the live well and they must have been lifting weights.... they were so bulked up.  The one in the picture really surprised me as I would have bet $10 it was a bass the way it was fighting.  Didn't carry my cooler but should have.  Water was still 90 degrees and my fish were dying so I had to quit early and get them cleaned.  Bobby Garland shad in hologram color with a 1/16 chartreuse jig head worked best today. Fish were in 15 fow hanging out at about 12 ft.  The bite is still very light.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:57:31 PM by Bush Hog »

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Should I stay or should I go
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 05:45:04 PM »
Yes sir it has amazed me at how thick the feesh are now & those soft hits followed by that monsta fight for sure is something different that I've noticed here lately also......
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:36:11 PM by SK »
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Should I stay or should I go
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 06:07:37 PM »
Awesome slab of a black crappie!