Author Topic: Bass fishing for crappie?  (Read 180 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Bass fishing for crappie?
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:28:36 PM »
Had a couple hours yesterday evening so I thought I'd give the crappie a rest and do a little bass fishing on Martin Lake.  Don't throw rocks but I do still like setting the hook on a bucket mouth now and then.  First stop was a hump near the dam where I've caught a ton of bass in the past and sure enough I see a small group of fish on the graph.  I flipped a drop shot (4 inch worm) next to my marker and tap, tap, tap....rear back and it's a swing and a miss.  Re-set my worm...toss it in the same place and same scenario....missed again.  I wonder, so I grab my Bonehead out of the rod box, flip a jig to the marker and it doesn't even make it to the bottom before....THUMP...fish on.  I placed brush on this hump 3 years ago and never caught crappie on it until yesterday.  Caught a fish on every flip for awhile.  They finally slowed down so it's back to hunting bass.  I  did locate a school and wore those ditch pickles out on that drop shot.  Decided to check out another brush pile before dark and that's where I got this screen shot.  The were all kindergarten crappie but still fun to catch.  It was a fun and relaxing afternoon on the water and there were only two other boats that I saw all evening.