Author Topic: Tough Grind Today  (Read 213 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Tough Grind Today
« on: November 02, 2016, 03:45:57 PM »
Caught lots of fish today but they were all kiddy size.  Only caught 3 keepers and gave them away.  Under the bridge the crappie were sitting right on the bottom.  On the brush piles the crappie were down inside the brush and didn't want to come out.  These were some lazy fish today....had to hold that jig dead still.  Had to wiggle the jig down into the brush and don't set the hook unless your sure it's a bite....still lost a lot of jigs.  Was ready to call it a day about 12:30 when I happened on a school of bass so I stayed awhile longer and administered some fat lips. :fish

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Tough Grind Today
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 05:27:32 PM »
I guess they feed up & then fall asleep some days, I swear sometimes it seems like they have hide away caves they go into & it's like most of'em disappear....
Sound like you still had fun though....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Tough Grind Today
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 07:39:53 PM »
Beats the day I had.  Heard another report from today of on the bottom and lazy so after I read this I decided to try our boat slips and dead stick a tiny jig.   I had given up on our slips as of late thinking they had moved on bc of not enough water or some other variable.  Has been pitiful for over a month. Turns out they were there.  Now I'm trying to figure out if they have been there all along and I had been fishing too high and fast or if they just moved back.  Thanks  for the  report.

Register