Author Topic: Hammered em pretty good yesterday  (Read 311 times)

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Hammered em pretty good yesterday
« on: November 12, 2016, 01:49:51 PM »
Put the hurt on the Palestine crappie pretty good yesterday afternoon.  Didn't take long to hit a two man limit then probably another 30-40 solid slabs after that plus another 40 throwbacks.  Caught fish as shallow as 4' in our boat slips hugging the bottom and as deep as 22' down on the bottom as well.  Best colors were white/yellow plastics and tan/yellow hand ties.  There were boats crappie fishing everywhere and also a bunch boats driving around coming close and marking spots. 

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Hammered em pretty good yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 07:48:16 PM »
 :Thumbsup  I was afraid that the bright moon might mess up the bite but I can't tell that it hurt any at all.  Love this fall fishing.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 10:29:39 AM »
There's twice as many "vent-pole-fisherwannabe's" than real crappie fisherman & more times than not they only get in the way.....
Nice catchn......
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 12:33:35 PM »
The potlicking was pretty bad SK.  We actually got tired of it and drove north until we couldn't see any other boats.  Hit some piles that we haven't fished in months that we had forgotten about and everyone was loaded.

BH, the moon was setting as I was heading to the lake this morning and I was wondering how the bite would be after moon was up all night.  Answer, it was even better than Friday.  Solid fish every stop and was one shy of a limit in two hours.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 08:00:38 PM »
Got to get me one of those crappie sacks.  That's uptown right there. :BananaDance

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 04:27:43 AM »
Very nice... And I do like those beereadys!
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 08:48:25 PM »
More solid feesh.....
Those guys that I feesh the tourney with always ask me where I caught my feesh....my answer is usually right where there were no other boats.....LOL
Now I mostly feesh solitary stumps since no-one will put the time in to find them...and they usually hold some decent feesh....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 04:33:59 PM »
KABOOM  :clap
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 09:54:41 PM »
Stopped at my boat on the way home today to fuel it up before the weekend.  Decided to drop a jig first and it was on.  Every single post or stick had angry, hungry crappie on it.  Since we only have 4-5 fow in the slips it is pretty easy to fish two poles and several times had both jigs get hammered simultaneously.  Nothing over 12" and only about half were keepers but it was as good a bite as I have ever seen in there.  Great way to finish up the the day.  Never got around to fueling up the boat.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 10:34:35 PM »
LOL....That catchn can get in tha way.....

Register