Author Topic: Another tough day  (Read 220 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Another tough day
« on: November 20, 2016, 07:50:32 PM »
Kinfolk wanted to fish again today so I took them bass fishing.  It was too windy to crappie fish on this lake.  Did pretty good on the ditch pickles until noon and they went back to camp to watch the Cowboy game.  I stayed on the water to hunt crappie.  Could only catch dinks.  I was give out by late afternoon and decided to hit one more place on the way back to the ramp.  Once again they were in the last place I looked....the dam.  Managed a half dozen good size mohawks before darkness set in.  They were sitting on a big hump in 13 fow and were right on the bottom.  Had to leave them biting.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Another tough day
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 11:47:04 PM »
Wow, 13 Mohawks....that's crazy....think the most I've caught on one trip is 5 & only a couple were keepers...
WTG BH....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 05:07:22 AM »
I don't think I have caught more than two mohawks on any single trip, very cool.  That fishing in the wind sure will wear you out.  My back was killing me by the time I called it quits on Sunday.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 07:04:16 AM »
Lots of mohawks in Martin Creek (when you can find them :LOL)

Register