Author Topic: Swing and a miss  (Read 124 times)

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Swing and a miss
« on: February 11, 2017, 03:06:57 PM »
First swing and miss was the weather man.  Said it was gonna be 20-30 winds but it was more like 15-18 but not complaining about that. 

For the last two weeks we have been whacking the crappie pretty good in our boat slips in 4-6' but most have been the 11-12" variety.  Since we had still been doing pretty well in 20-30' we decided to go deep but it was slim pickins there.  Areas that also had been holding good numbers of white bass and hybrids were ghost towns as well.  We managed about a dozen crappie and maybe 20 whites and hybrids and had to work for every one of them.  Got back to the dock and sure enough the guys there had hammered them most of the day.  Guess this warm February has more of them staging earlier than usual.  Next week we may just spend all day fishing the slips.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Swing and a miss
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:09:02 PM »
We found a few today that were up close to the shore in about 10 fow.  It won't be long.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:46:36 AM »
I'm sorta lost with the feesh up north showing full egg sacks before the feesh down south.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »
I'm sorta lost with the feesh up north showing full egg sacks before the feesh down south.....
The southern fish are just laid back and easy going whereas the fish up north have got to have everything right now! :LOL

Register