Author Topic: Fiddlesticks!  (Read 224 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Fiddlesticks!
« on: February 22, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »
This lake still has me dumbfounded as to where the crappie hide this time of year.  Tried shallow, deep and inbetween, in the brush, in the grass and under the bridge.  Caught 4 nice ones under a bridge and then they just quit.  Had fun catching ditch pickles though.....they really like a chartreuse jig.  Oh well, I'll find them when they get back on the summer pattern.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Fiddlesticks!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:49:00 AM »
That shoreline that has deep right next to shalla would be what I'd be searching fer......

And I'd be watchn for areas with the least amount of heavy slim algae as they tend to not like it from my experience.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 08:50:30 AM »
Deep could be 8' maybe deeper maybe shallower.....With structure.....stumps, logs, rocks.....ect.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:40:09 PM »
That shoreline that has deep right next to shalla would be what I'd be searching fer......

And I'd be watchn for areas with the least amount of heavy slim algae as they tend to not like it from my experience.....
Had this same problem last year at this time.  I've looked in the places you mentioned but no luck.  This lake doesn't fish like a cold water lake (at least to me anyway).  I haven't checked Martin creek that feeds this lake....they may move up the creek this time of year...?

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 05:43:25 AM »
Most do since tha creek will warm 1st.. .. and those shalla bay's that have depth and structure round tha banks......

Register