Author Topic: Tube fishing  (Read 4510 times)

Offline CrappieHunter

• Crappie Keeper
Tube fishing
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »
I hope to see more tube fishers here.  It is fun being close to the water and fishing, which is what a tube makes possible.

If you are undecided, remember tubes are inexpensive to buy and helps you get exercise as you fish for crappie.  ;D

Offline CrappieSearcher

• Crappie Dink
Re: Tube fishing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »
I've never tried tube fishing but have seen several people doing it.  Looked like fun, I may tried it one day. 

Offline crappieseeker

• Crappie Dink
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »
I have a friend who tube fishes.  He keeps trying to get me to do it.  But I own a boat and don't see the point in buying a tube as well.

I will try and get him to join the board.  He says he's too busy to spend time on a computer but I tell him he loves to talk about tubing and this would let him talk. ;)

Offline crappieslinger

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:48:07 AM »
I use a tube on some of the smaller lakes and ponds I fish.  I use my boat on the larger lakes where I fish a lot of different locations.

Tubes are fun to use but they are limited in the amount of area you can cover during a day.

So both tubes and boats have their place in my fishing.

Offline RobertB

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:23:40 AM »
I have never used a tube.  I see people doing it but I like to be able to fish a lot of different places during a day.  A tube would be hard to fish different locations fast.

So tube fishing doesn't fit my personality. :)

Offline JohnH

• Crappie Dink
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 12:40:06 PM »
My partner and I are too old for tube fishing.  So we will continue to use our boat as long as we can launch it.

But I will agree that tube fishers can get into places with their tubes that we can not reach with our boats. :)

Offline dallas

• Minnow
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 01:36:22 PM »
I've never used a tube but I have used a small one man pontoon that you paddled with your legs. 

Basically the same thing but I keep my legs out of the water.  :)

Offline CrappieHunter

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 12:19:30 PM »
I also have a boat that I use much of the time.  But a tube is easy to keep in the car and allows you to reach places that are more difficult to fish from a boat.

Plus a tube gets you close to the water, which gives you more of an appreciation for fishing than when riding in a boat.  JMHO.  ;)

Offline pudaniel

• Guppy
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 08:47:44 AM »
I bought my Teton float tube feb this year, but have not used yet. I plan to use this Wednesday 8/19 at Taylor Park at Lake Granger. There will be a few purposes for this use. One is my wife bank fishes and will be a spotter for depth and fish with a portable fish finder. I also will be fishing for cats and/or Carp.

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 06:07:47 AM »
no tube but I use a 2 man to do all my fishing

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 08:46:37 AM »
I had hoped jiggen el would be making more of an appearance here.  He is great at tube fishing.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 05:28:47 PM »
Yeap JE is tha man when it comes to tube fishn.....
Think I'd rather a yak over a tube but hey long as I get to wet my line is really what matters...
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 07:35:39 PM »
Since I have never done either I must go on impressions.  I think I would prefer the tube on a small lake as it gets you down in the water.

I wouldn't want to use either on a mid-size or large lake as there are too many nuts in overpowered boats on them.  They have no respect for anybody but themselves and will run over anybody in their way to get to the next "hot" spot.

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 10:57:14 AM »
My little 2 man works just fine for me but sometimes a tube would be nice just to cool off with the water a bit.

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 05:05:56 PM »
My little 2 man works just fine for me but sometimes a tube would be nice just to cool off with the water a bit.

Especially on days like this.   :ROFLMAO

Register