Author Topic: Martin Lake 4-12  (Read 698 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Martin Lake 4-12
« on: April 13, 2015, 02:34:39 PM »
Had a few hours to kill before church yesterday afternoon so I hitched up the boat and took off.  My first hole was already taken by a couple gentlemen and they were doing well with minnows so I'm off to the second hole. Thump, Thump, Thump, 3 cast and 3 in the live well. Hot dog, I hit the jackpot and they quit.  Starting drizzling and I saw the two guys from hole 1 speeding off towards the boat ramp.  I scurried over there to pick up any crumbs they left and Thump, Thump, Thump, 3 more in the live well and then they quit on me too. Managed a couple more later for a stringer of 8.  It was a fun afternoon.  Martin Creek is a hot water lake and I'm thinking the crappie are already moving to their summer hangouts.  Sorry, no pics, I gave the fish to an elderly couple at the ramp and got some big smiles in exchange for them.  Good fishin!

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Martin Lake 4-12
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:26:17 PM »
Had a few hours to kill before church yesterday afternoon so I hitched up the boat and took off.  My first hole was already taken by a couple gentlemen and they were doing well with minnows so I'm off to the second hole. Thump, Thump, Thump, 3 cast and 3 in the live well. Hot dog, I hit the jackpot and they quit.  Starting drizzling and I saw the two guys from hole 1 speeding off towards the boat ramp.  I scurried over there to pick up any crumbs they left and Thump, Thump, Thump, 3 more in the live well and then they quit on me too. Managed a couple more later for a stringer of 8.  It was a fun afternoon.  Martin Creek is a hot water lake and I'm thinking the crappie are already moving to their summer hangouts.  Sorry, no pics, I gave the fish to an elderly couple at the ramp and got some big smiles in exchange for them.  Good fishin!
sounds like right fun outing to me
and the donation part is always super fun as well
nothing like making someones day that is less fortunate with a fish dinner  :clap
KABOOM
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Martin Lake 4-12
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:16:37 PM »
Quick & nice....W...T....G BH.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....