Author Topic: Dock Shooting 11-8  (Read 209 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Dock Shooting 11-8
« on: November 08, 2016, 09:50:07 PM »
Had a blast on Murvaul this afternoon.  Only had a 3 hour window to fish but it was enough.  The fish were biting GOOD!  Hit several docks and a couple brush piles.  Caught fish from 3 inches to 15 inches.  Most were solid 11 and 12 inch fish.  Lost count of how many I caught but came home with the sandpaper thumb.  All fish were released.  The Bobby Garland baby shad in blue ice or monkey milk is still the ticket.  Oh yeah, it has to have a pink jig head.  Fish are still hugging the bottom.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Dock Shooting 11-8
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:10:30 AM »
Great job!  We had given up on docks but maybe we need to try them again just working it closer to the bottom.  Thanks for the report.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 08:54:40 AM »
Great job!  We had given up on docks but maybe we need to try them again just working it closer to the bottom.  Thanks for the report.
Some of the docks I would actually let the jig hit bottom and then hop it back to the boat like worm fishing.  Lose a lot of jigs doing that though.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 03:17:21 PM »
Sounds like fun.... 
How many channel cat did ya catch?
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 06:42:58 PM »
Sounds like fun.... 
How many channel cat did ya catch?
Not a single one.....how bout that! :clap

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 09:54:25 AM »
That's what I'm talkn bout...down home if you put your jig on the bottom (shoot even near the bottom) I'll guarantee you several small blues & channel cats.......LOL
That's one technique that absolutely does not work on my lake.....I know for a fact it works up here, guess there's a lot less cats in these lakes....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 08:33:05 PM »
That's what I'm talkn bout...down home if you put your jig on the bottom (shoot even near the bottom) I'll guarantee you several small blues & channel cats.......LOL
That's one technique that absolutely does not work on my lake.....I know for a fact it works up here, guess there's a lot less cats in these lakes....
Lake Murvaul is noted for it's channel cat population and I've caught several on jigs but I was able to miss them this time.  Now the time before that I got into some cats.

Register