Author Topic: 23  (Read 202 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« on: December 31, 2016, 06:32:10 PM »
Forgot my camera again so no pics....sorry.  It started out cold and drizzling rain but I was determined to get a thump.  Didn't bother going to the bridge cause I knew what it would look like on a weekend.  Hit my favorite brush piles and managed to put 23 in the cooler.  The fish are still one crank off the bottom in 15 fow and sucked up tight to the brush.  The best jig today was a black/chartreuse hand tie (1/16)  followed by a Bobby Garland shad in blue ice.  The method that worked best today was to dead stick for a couple minutes and then just bump the trolling motor making the jig move just a little.  Funny, but they would hit the BG shad very lightly but hammer the black jig.

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
Re: 23
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 07:06:31 PM »
Nice report.  Congrats on the catch.
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 07:18:34 PM »
Rain, sleet, drought or snow those feesh are gonna eat....

We had the hole lake to ourselves just about all day today.....Juss cause of a lil rain....LOL

That's how I judge what the feesh want best by how they hit tha jig.. ..lite taps mean yeah I'll eat it juss cause it's here....that THUMP we all love tells me that tha feesh wanna eat that color....

Another fine catchn trip BH.... 
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 07:42:55 PM »
Thanks guys!  That's going to wrap me up...no more fishing this year! :ROFLMAO

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »
Very nice! Great way to send off 2016! Way better final trip than we had.

We fished yesterday and it was cold and drizzly.  Wasnt suposed to rain so all my rain gear was still in the garage drying out from the last trip.  Had gone out on monday in a pretty good rain and did well on the big pearl truse slab bandit and big white/chartreuse rocky top so was convinced that would still work friday.  Anyway my buddy put it on me friday with a tiny purple/chartruse hand tie until I was tired of being cold and wet and we headed in early.  Will say it was pretty cool Monday catching fish in a down pour not being able to see anything but just feeling a vicious thump.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 08:03:27 AM »
Very nice! Great way to send off 2016! Way better final trip than we had.

We fished yesterday and it was cold and drizzly.  Wasnt suposed to rain so all my rain gear was still in the garage drying out from the last trip.  Had gone out on monday in a pretty good rain and did well on the big pearl truse slab bandit and big white/chartreuse rocky top so was convinced that would still work friday.  Anyway my buddy put it on me friday with a tiny purple/chartruse hand tie until I was tired of being cold and wet and we headed in early.  Will say it was pretty cool Monday catching fish in a down pour not being able to see anything but just feeling a vicious thump.
I was questioning my intelligence level while sitting out in that cold rain but then I caught a fish and it was all good. lol   The wife is still not too sure about me though.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 09:12:37 AM »
Same here, my wife thinks I'm nuts too. She just doesn't understand that thump. Sometimes when the bite is really good I will take her out and she will catch a few and say she is good and put the rod done.  I just can't understand that.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 10:06:57 AM »
Great way ta end the year BH... :Thumbsup
Doe in the fridge fer me... :gunslinger
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 10:09:50 PM »
great report of a fun day for you.