Author Topic: Little slower today 1-27  (Read 237 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Little slower today 1-27
« on: January 27, 2017, 05:58:50 PM »
Started off great this morning at the bridge and then just died...kaput....notta.  Time to hit the bushes.  Could graph lots of fish but they didn't want to play today.  Finally found a brush pile that had some cooperative fish.  Finished at lunch time with 13 nice ones in the live well and probably lost that many jigs.  The west wind was terrible at noon.  Today's best jig was a 1/16 hand tie in solid chartreuse about 1 reel off the bottom and try not to move it.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Little slower today 1-27
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »
It's funny how those feesh act.....it's like they can close their eyes sometimes....you still got some gooderns though....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 07:26:41 PM »
Shoot thats enough for a nice meal buddy... Thanks for the pichers.
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »
Not too bad at all. NOAA was calling for 6-8 winds on Palestine today and it was easily 20+ by the time we quit. Nice job!

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:24:49 PM »
I haven't felt them thump a jig that hard since last spring.  They were slamming it and I had to use pliers on all but 2 or 3.....I LIKE IT.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »
Not too bad at all. NOAA was calling for 6-8 winds on Palestine today and it was easily 20+ by the time we quit. Nice job!
It's hard to believe any weather reports anymore.  Did ya'll have any luck today?

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 10:36:07 PM »
It's hard to believe any weather reports anymore.  Did ya'll have any luck today?

We thumped em good today.  They absolutely hammered the jig.  Multiple fish would have sworn they were going to be big white bass or hybrids only to haul up toad white crappie.  Meanest white crappie I have probably ever caught.

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 07:37:59 AM »
We thumped em good today.  They absolutely hammered the jig.  Multiple fish would have sworn they were going to be big white bass or hybrids only to haul up toad white crappie.  Meanest white crappie I have probably ever caught.
:Thumbsup  They were mean today.....reckon the wind puts them in a bad mood too! :ROFLMAO

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 12:46:04 PM »
Probably!  My buddy said his back was sore today from the ride back across the lake.