Author Topic: Windy  (Read 188 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Windy
« on: February 03, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »
I new it was a little windy here on the farm but it was really windy out on the lake.  Tried for the afternoon bite today and did alright.  Didn't get a limit but caught some nice crappie and even some quality yellow bass.  Was catching some good uns at the bridge but had to give it up due to the east wind.  When you're the only one fishing the white caps you start to wonder about your mentality.  Anyway,  found a place out of the wind and caught some nice ones there too in 15 fow on a red/chartreuse jig.  Never used this jig before but it works and evidently they didn't like red cause they would knock the snot out of it.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Windy
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »
Nice fish !  Another swing and a miss by the weather man.  This morning the NOAA site was saying 8 mph winds but it was easily double that on Palestine with white caps on most of the lake. We caught a few toads but got tired of fighting the wind real quick so went and fished for whites and hybrids.  Kudos to you for sticking it out because we didn't last but about an hour.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:30:20 AM »
Excellent catchn BH, the winds were terrible down here Satdy also, the few places I found out of the winds have up a few nice'uns for me too....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »
 Nice ones BH....:Thumbsup :Thumbsup
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 07:20:03 PM »
Way to work through it.  Congrats
Don't sweat the small stuff!