Author Topic: The spawn is on  (Read 156 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
The spawn is on
« on: February 23, 2017, 08:34:48 PM »
A friend called and wanted me to go fishing with him today.  He just bought a boat and wants to learn crappie fishing.  I've been wanting to start looking for spawners so we hit the trees in the shallows.  Found fish in 3 ft of water and put our jigs at about 2 ft.  Love watching that cork go under.  Don't have any photos as I left my camera in my boat.  The males had there party colors on a few had been fanning nest.  Solid chartreuse jig seemed to work the best.  It took awhile to figure out what they wanted but we finally did and put a dozen in the livewell.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: The spawn is on
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:05:38 PM »
It was 90 here today...
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:48:30 PM »
Good report.  I bet the front we got coming pushes em back out for a little bit. 
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 07:37:59 AM »
Not sure about east Texas, but its gonna be in the 20's here Saturday morning. Purdy sure the specks wont like that at all.
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 10:35:09 PM »
Not sure about east Texas, but its gonna be in the 20's here Saturday morning. Purdy sure the specks wont like that at all.
Supposed to be in the high 30's next couple mornings but warming up good during the day.  Got a report today that the nighttime bite is off the charts.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 05:21:46 AM »
Nice job!  Didn't have but about an hour at daylight yesterday but hit a spot close by and did better than I ever have shallow.  That's not saying much but it sure was fun.

Register