Author Topic: Hit and Git  (Read 86 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Hit and Git
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:41:38 PM »
Would catch a couple at each stop thinking that I had found them and then nada...nothing.  I guess standing timber produced most bites today and then brush piles.  Only caught one keeper under the docks.  Caught lot's of unders today but they're fun too.  Brought home 12 nice ones and "Yep", I did have to stop for a piece of coconut pie and iced tea.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Hit and Git
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »
 NICE..... what colors worked best for ya :peepwall
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 08:55:37 PM »
NICE..... what colors worked best for ya :peepwall
I don't remember the name but it's a Bobby Garland shad in blue/chartreuse.  I'm still out with the jury on colors but today this particular color did seem to make a difference.  Don't know if it's the water color, light penetration or what but blue seems to be a good color for this lake.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 01:53:29 PM »
I envy you your time on the water.  Catching is what is fun, keeping is just a minor benefit.  :)

When I'm in the pie mood it takes a cup of hot coffee to go with it.  Ice drinks go with sandwiches or chips for me. 

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:36:31 PM »
I envy you your time on the water.  Catching is what is fun, keeping is just a minor benefit.  :)

When I'm in the pie mood it takes a cup of hot coffee to go with it.  Ice drinks go with sandwiches or chips for me.
I'm with you on the coffee but I didn't figure it was very fresh in the middle of the afternoon.