Author Topic: Getting good  (Read 101 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Getting good
« on: October 10, 2017, 08:14:11 PM »
The dock shooting is getting good.  Finding fish as shallow as 5 ft. under docks now which gives you a lot more docks to try out.  After a really slow start this morning and fighting the waves we found some protected docks with fish under them.  Finished with 22 good uns.  My buddy smoked me on numbers (so he says...lol) but I took bfod.  It's not quite as big as it looks cause I got really long arms...lol.  Big fish caught on PePops Blue Ice jig.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Getting good
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »
I only recently started shooting docks & that is a fun technique to catch crappie....WTG on wacking'um.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:59:25 PM »
Thanks SK.  With the water cooling down some we are finding more and more docks holding fish. 

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:20:52 AM »
 :Thumbsup :Thumbsup
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:04:10 PM »
Sounds like fun.  Wish Joe Pool Lake had some docks that would allow me to try it.  The marina decks here sit on floats that sit on the water.

I guess you could shoot the numerous boat hosts but that is risky since you might hit one of the air control lines.  I would hate to rip a hole in one of them. 

So I guess I will have to give up this part of the sport since I will never fish anything other Joe Pool Lake now.

But crappie fishing is hot at the marina docks now.  Mostly dinks or I should say almost all dinks but it still fun to catch them in large numbers.    :clap

Register