Author Topic: Are there any  (Read 2254 times)

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Are there any
« on: April 04, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »
HB users here?
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline T-Slab

• Crappie Keeper
Re: Are there any
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 04:05:51 PM »
Yup!  I use HB 898c SI.  Still trying to figure it out but liking it so far!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »
Cool....maybe post up some scan & I'll see if I can give you some suggestions to clear it up some....
I'll post some scans later & maybe you can help me with mine....
I run a 998 & a 798....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline T-Slab

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 08:57:54 PM »
Sounds good.  Got to get my boat batteries replaced and will be back on the water. 

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 10:45:59 PM »
Here's a few older scans

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 07:19:44 AM »
they gave me a hummingbird something er other at the GTG on Palestine last year
I sure don't have a clue how to use it though
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »
We'll get you using & scanning that HB unit in a lil of no time....

Here's some interesting stuff....

Here's a 2D shot of the same structure

Another SI angle

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 02:30:34 PM »
according to the sonogram in photo number one
she is either gunna have twins or we need to get her into the emergency surgery area pronto .... :roflmao1
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 04:11:16 PM »
LOL..... ;D

Offline T-Slab

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 07:32:08 PM »
Nice shots SK.  Hopefully this weekend I can post some of mine up.

Offline chucktx

• Crappie Dink
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »
i use an 899 and my scans are nowhere near as clear as yours,,,,,also run a 1198 with same crappy scans....i know i need help!!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 11:08:27 PM »
Thanks guys!
I'll be in FW in a couple weeks so if I can help we'll get together....
The newer (9's) series units should show a lot better the (8) series units....

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 10:46:07 AM »
Those images are absolutely awesome SK.  I have an 1198 and never see that kind of detail.  May have to mess around with my settings some.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 12:29:11 PM »
Those images are absolutely awesome SK.  I have an 1198 and never see that kind of detail.  May have to mess around with my settings some.
I'll be in FW & willing to help maybe on a evening trip yanking into a few "papa mouths"  :fish
Thanks, I think they are just alright compared to some scans I've seen.....

Offline LEANIN POST

• Crappie Dink
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 10:56:49 PM »
I got 2 898s and love them.. Im going to get the new dedicated DI transducer and switch box. I will then have excellent DI images and will be able to switch between transducers./.
Crazy, but thats how it goes, millions of people living as foes.Maybe,, its not too late, to learn how to love and forget how to hate--- ozzy osbourne

Offline LEANIN POST

• Crappie Dink
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 11:00:03 PM »
I used to give humminbird seminars when I was guiding.. I would love to make a video and give to all who want one.. Anyone have a go pro?
Crazy, but thats how it goes, millions of people living as foes.Maybe,, its not too late, to learn how to love and forget how to hate--- ozzy osbourne

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
Cool deal LP...
Maybe you can post a YouTube link for us to view your vid...I don't have a Go-Pro....
Crazy how those dedicated DI crystals clear those DI shots up.....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 09:35:22 PM »
I have a HB 597 and just bought a HB 999.  I don't have it installed on the pontoon yet but hope to do so before the end of the month.

It will be fun to see all those pictures other people have been posting over the last couple of years.   If I can figure out how to use the darn thing.   :LOL

Offline Skypilot

• Crappie Dink
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 11:55:37 AM »
So....pm sent....

Offline T-Slab

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 08:04:10 PM »
Those are amazing images.  I was playing around with mine this weekend and couldn't hardly make anything out.  What starting point settings do you recommend or is there such a thing??  Any other settings that I could try to use?  I'm really confident the transducer and all that is set up correctly.  Thanks

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 05:47:19 PM »
Here's a good start this chart was put together by DV, it gets you really close to good scans but you will have to adjust your chart speed, sensitivity & contrast for different conditions to get the best scans....

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 11:04:37 AM »
I have a 561 but it is not down image, just sonar. I picked it up very cheap for my 2 man. I have only used it a few times and am trying to decipher what I am seeing. I did confirm a brush pile with it last week so I guess I am making progress.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »
No matter the unit the screen speed, sensitivity & contrast settings are similar....