Author Topic: Few more shots  (Read 2705 times)

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Few more shots
« on: May 09, 2015, 05:20:51 PM »
Anyone wanna share a few scans?

SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Few more shots
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 05:21:56 PM »

SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 07:46:56 PM »
nice....
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »
Here are some recent scans I just pulled off the HB's today from recent trips....

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 07:54:11 PM »
And a few more...

Offline David W.

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 03:36:47 PM »
Those are some nice clean shots!! Wish I could get mine to read like that. Maybe I'm just not seeing things very well. What unit is that?

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »
I look forward to the days when I can take some screen shots off my new HB.   First I will need to be able to get back on the lake, then I will need to learn how to use it.

Then maybe I will finally be able to add something to this conversation.  :)

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 04:35:11 PM »
998c SI.... shots like these are very doable.
I'm not satisfied I think I have a lot of room for improving them with the way some of the shots I've seen look.
One day soon I'm gonna get a 1199, I think that units turn out the best screen shots...

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 04:40:10 PM »
I got the HB 999 a couple months ago and it's not on the pontoon yet. 

What I really want is a 360 unit but that is a loooong time off.  http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Technology/360-Imaging/

I just can't convince myself to spend that much money on a fish finder.  :(

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 08:21:30 PM »
I'm with you on that EZ, I want "and that is just a want" a Onix but there ain't no way I'd spend  that type of money well not at my current status....If'n I was rich I'd have a couple Onix units for sure....
I don't really like the current 360 not sure if it's my eyes but they are not what they should be yet....

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 08:24:48 PM »
It's the concept of the 360 I like.  I have not paid that much attention to the actual unit and it's screen shots as I know I will never put that much money out for a fish finder.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 09:02:13 PM »
I have had a 360 unit for my 1198 for two years.  I dont know if it would offer a whole lot for crappie fishing but it is one cool toy for chasing white bass and hybrids, especially when they start relating well to structure in the summer time.  Here are a few shots from last year.  I will try to get a few shots at the bridge and some brush piles the next few weeks.  It is currently sitting in my garage in a box as I just got it back from the Humminbird service department and plan on mounting it back on the boat this weekend.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 10:35:08 PM »
PA, I see the benefits of having it, juss I don't think it's as good as it should be...
Did ya limit out that day?
Thanks for sharing!!!

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 07:44:40 AM »
SK, we more than limited those days.  We caught 5-8# hybrids almost every cast for hours.  There are still definitely some limitations to the HB 360 currently that will probably improve over time. Most important thing I have learned is that at least for lake Palestine, if you can sit outside the school on your trolling motor and pick them off from the edge, you can catch way more fish than if you motor over them first and find them with your sonar.  Exception to that would be if you are fishing live bait, in which case you can start a frenzy by feeding them big gizzard shad.

As far as crappie fishing goes, you shouldn't need the 360 at all to get good screen shots on brush and structure if you have your settings and speed right.  Think you have given some pretty awesome examples of that.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 07:59:03 AM »
The boo piles stick out like a sore thumb...

Them fishies is gonna have a tough time hiddin from ya'll know.... :fish
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:52:33 AM by Jig Man »
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 09:28:51 AM »
Man I'm low tech.

Offline David W.

• Minnow
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »
Man I'm low tech.
I'm with you Esnow74!! I have an Onix on my new boat and it is a handful to try and figure out! :hammer I had a 798 on my previous one and had just about had it down. Now I feel like I'm back in kindergarten again. :-[

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 06:32:40 PM »
I'm with you Esnow74!! I have an Onix on my new boat and it is a handful to try and figure out! :hammer I had a 798 on my previous one and had just about had it down. Now I feel like I'm back in kindergarten again. :-[
DW those Onix are super nice once they are dialed in....worth every second to get there for sure....

ACAMS

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »
I plan on getting an 859ci HD real soon ...... does it look like that too, or is it just a cheapy depth finder? (not to damn cheap tho)

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 02:47:44 PM »
I think I jinxed myself with I bought the HB 999.   It is still setting in the box on my desk.  I can't even get to the boat now and if it doesn't stop raining, may not be able to this year.  :(

But One Day I hope to be able to make pictures like these.  Not the 360 pictures, the price has to really drop before I get that, not matter how bad I want one.  :)

ACAMS

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 03:24:55 PM »
That Humminbird Helix 5 DI looks real good for the money too!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 05:14:22 PM »
ACAMS all the dedicated DI units turn out better DI scans than the SI units due to the crystals in the trans. the DI scanon a SI unit is generated from the SI crystals....
That helix SI unit is nice too....
Ya only live once might as well get what's gonna make ya happy....
EZ you could let me borrow that unit till you get ready to install it that way it'll be dialed in already for ya  :roflmao1 :BananaDance :ROFLMAO

ACAMS

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 05:20:36 PM »
AH NO ..... he could let me borrow it and I would mark waypoints where fish were caught!

But that would probably cost me about $1400 because I would just have to have one.

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 08:35:30 PM »
I wouldn't want it to jinx you the way it has jinxed me.  :ROFLMAO

ACAMS

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 10:12:21 PM »
I went by Academy Friday and they had the Humminbird Helix 5 DI for $250 .... I will be trying it out tomorrow!

The simulation looks like SK's pic  :)  (well one of them ... kinda sorta)

I am happy, if I want bigger, better later then I will put this one up front, or on one of my other boats.

I also registered my Tourney TX17 Tracker boat Friday, so I can put it on it for shallow water fishing when the big 20' Skeeter gets left at home.

On another note .... you reckon a 150 HP Black Max is too much for that boat, hell it is rated for a 75 and you know how they under rate boats real bad!

I hope I see images like this one SK posted!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:18:26 PM by ACAMS »