Author Topic: June Contest  (Read 30347 times)

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
June Contest
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:59:54 AM »
The June contest will feature one dozen of Pepop's jigs.  More details about the jigs will be furnished later.

I am also looking for a second prize for the June contest.  There will only be one winner this month.
I have arranged for a second prize, which will be the main prize.   We are going to have two winners again this month.  The first number will win the main prize, the second number drawn will win the secondary prize.

I was thinking about offering the Crappie King cakes as a prize and ordered some from him to try.  I don't want to offer something I'm not sure has value so I wanted to try it in my slip before I offered it.  Unfortunately all the rains here just about the time the crappie cakes arrived from him.  So I haven't been able to test them to ensure they work.  They may be a prize in a future month's contest.

I will add the second prize as soon as I decide on it.  But you can start adding your posts in this thread today to increase your chances of winning.

Same rules, only the first two posts of the day will count for the chances to win. 

Since this is a drawing based on the post number using a Random Number Generator the May winners are also eligible to enter and win this month, if they are lucky enough to have one of there posts selected by the Random Number Generator again.

Added:  We are now going to have two winners for June.  The first winner will receive the main prize, the second winner will receive the secondary prize.

The main prize for June will be a BoneHead   10' Medium Heavy Carbon Fiber Split Grip Spinning Rod.

The secondary prize will be a dozen of Jig Man's handtied jigs and a dozen of Pepop's hand tied jigs.

I want to thank Jig Man and Pepop for these jigs.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:57:05 AM by Ed »

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: June Contest
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 01:17:12 PM »
I wouldn't mind winning again... :NiceThread
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »
I thought this time round we were only going to count the first post of the day... Just Wondering...

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 06:30:53 PM »
is it greedy to try again? 2 dozen from round one is quite nice.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 06:40:13 PM »
I personally do not think it is greedy as you lose jigs fishing slips and brush piles. 

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 08:10:07 PM »
I personally think its fair. Why should you be docked? Its the luck of the draw....But then again, I haven't seen anyone complaining!

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 08:38:43 PM »
Well, here's hoping to have better luck in this contest  :cheers

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 05:46:41 AM »
Then I'm in, and another nice sunny day ahead.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 06:39:12 AM »
I'll shoot again, "PIEYOAA" OK OK OK.....that was my lil 22, how's bout this'un "KAAAAABBBOOOOMMMM" now that was my 12 gauge with 3 & aaahhhh halves.... :ROFLMAO :LOL :roflmao1
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 07:24:38 AM »
Sure was a purdy full moon last night....

ACAMS

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 08:51:19 AM »
Well, here's hoping to have better luck in this contest  :cheers

Well if it makes you feel better, I used the random generator and sure enough HMK won the first round, but you won second!

The June contest will feature one dozen of Pepop's jigs.  More details about the jigs will be furnished later.

I am also looking for a second prize for the June contest.  There will only be one winner this month.

My jigs don't compare to Pepops, but I will donate 12 for July.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:59:18 AM by ACAMS »

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 09:27:34 AM »
Well if it makes you feel better, I used the random generator and sure enough HMK won the first round, but you won second!

Haha. To be fair, I probably don't get to fish often enough to justify such nice works of art. Just wait a couple of years. As soon as my son is old enough to hold a rod, I'll be in hog heaven  :Dance

Offline HMK

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 10:14:17 AM »
I would like to participate in the conversation, but if I happen to win again, I will pass them to the next in line. I just enjoy talking to you guys.
Stop Wishin', Go Fishin'

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »
So what were we talkin about?

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »
Sure was a purdy full moon last night....
It takes aahh true outdoorsman to appreciate that view....
It was a beautiful site wasn't it....even at 4:30a.m. this mornin....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 03:39:58 PM »
Getting a golf course back in shape after almost daily rain storms, minor flooding and ending with a major flood just plain stinks! these 5am till dark days better not carry on too long or I am gonna get a little grumpy. When my crew leaves and I am still around mowing or sharpening reels (since I no longer have a mechanic) I just hang my head and think, Ill be home sometime tonight. then it is 4 hours of sleep and back at it.
OK Rant over, it could be much worse it is only work.

Offline HMK

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 09:47:50 AM »
Good Morning everyone. It looks as though the rain has left us for a day or 2. Lots of junk is floating in the lake. I know I saw an outhouse floating downstream a day or 2 ago, it was some sort of structure anyways
Stop Wishin', Go Fishin'

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »
Getting a golf course back in shape after almost daily rain storms, minor flooding and ending with a major flood just plain stinks! these 5am till dark days better not carry on too long or I am gonna get a little grumpy. When my crew leaves and I am still around mowing or sharpening reels (since I no longer have a mechanic) I just hang my head and think, Ill be home sometime tonight. then it is 4 hours of sleep and back at it.
OK Rant over, it could be much worse it is only work.

If it helps any, the fish arn't biting.... :Thumbsup
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:48:00 AM by Jig Man »

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 11:09:01 AM »
I ain't been able ta go fishn like most evarbody else, not sure if it's eat'n on y'all like it is me but I need aahh fix, "thump fix that is".....

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 11:20:39 AM »
Yea, and its a week away for me.... Sure be glad when my lakes catch some water!

ACAMS

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 12:58:12 PM »
Yea, and its a week away for me.... Sure be glad when my lakes catch some water!

I wish you had about 2' off Lake Palestine ..... we would both be happy!

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 01:26:42 PM »
I wish you had about 2' off Lake Palestine ..... we would both be happy!

I need about what Richland Chambers has released....

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 02:12:15 PM »
Looks like my home lake (Canyon) has finally stabilized at about 18.5' over conservation pool. They are releasing water like crazy from what I heard on the news, but cant seem to get the water level to drop as fast as they need it to. I was thinking about bringing the kayak out this week or weekend but might wait a bit for things to settle down.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
I will be announcing the second prize for the June Contest tomorrow.

I can guarantee that everybody will want to win this month's contest so I suggest you get your entries in starting today, if you haven't already done so.

And I believe I will stay with two entries per day for now since the May contest had a limited number of members taking part in it.  So two a day should not overburden this thread.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2015, 04:10:09 PM »
------------------clip--------
My jigs don't compare to Pepops, but I will donate 12 for July.

Thanks.  I'm sure the members will appreciate your jigs.

Another member offered to tie some jigs for this month however I was working on a non-jig prize for this month to go along with Pepop's jigs.   So I thanked him for the offer of his jigs and suggested it would be nice for a future month.

I will be announcing the second prize sometime tomorrow.

I appreciate the way members are helping to make this a site we can be proud of and recommend to friends and family.

Register