Author Topic: New Jigs  (Read 992 times)

Offline fshnpastor

• Crappie Keeper
New Jigs
« on: June 19, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »
Got some new jigs in the mail from pepop today. They look so good I can't wait to try them out.  Thanks for such quick service.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: New Jigs
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 09:11:07 AM »
Yep, and they will catch fish too. But we will prolly need pichers...  ;D
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 10:52:16 AM »
I did good with one of his jigs fishing my slip for crappie last April.  I didn't try the other ones I received as I saw no reason to switch from a winner.  But for some reason the bream at my slip just turns up their noses at all jigs.   All they do is bump them.

One of these days I am going to find a jig they can't resist.

And I know it is something I'm doing wrong and not the jigs.  So far I haven't been able to determine what I'm doing wrong that the bream refuse my jigs. 

It's kinda funny when the water is clear and you can see them. 

I will tie a jig about 10" under a float and toss it into the water.  Bream will come running from all directions when it hits the water.  But they don't take the jig, instead they form a circle around it and just suspend there, watching the jig.  Once in a while one will dart in and bump the jig, then dart back into the circle.  If I twitch the jig they will all scatter, but will return as soon as the jig stops moving.

I can toss a hook baited with a small piece of hot dog on it and the float will be immediately taken under.

So I tried adding a piece of hot dog to the jig, only to see them perform the encircle and attack one at a time routine. 

And yes, ketchn, I've tried a nibble on the jig.  They perform the encircle routine with nibbles on the jig.  :)

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 12:35:40 PM »
Not sure which ones you got but so far the crappie in my lake love his jigs.

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 06:04:59 PM »
I have no doubt the problem is me, as they won't bite plateboater's 1/80 jigs either.  :(