Author Topic: this week on canyon  (Read 896 times)

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
this week on canyon
« on: April 12, 2015, 06:42:02 PM »
I spent two days this week in the Rebecca Creek area of Canyon Lake looking for the elusive crappie fish. Tuesday my brother in law and I paddled our kayaks around fishing submerged brush. We caught 5 or 6 undersized crappie on the day but only one keeper. The crappie only bit minnows and the bass only hit jigs. My brother in law left with one crappie and a good eater sized catfish and I left with an empty ice chest.

Went back to Canyon on Saturday, right after the little cold front passed through the area and the fish were very tight lipped. I had the pleasure of fishing with someone I met on the tff and while he was disappointed with the results, it was one of the more productive trips I've been on in over a year. We boated a few undersized crappie and each caught 4 healthy keepers. Fish were going holding about 8-12 feet deep around structure and 1 foot deep under a float. They seemed to favor pink jigs early and blue and white or red later. The weather had them tight lipped but it was still a great time on the water!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: this week on canyon
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 10:29:41 PM »
Excellent trips if'n ya ask me, the time spent finding & figureing'em out has to be appreciated....If it was too easy there wouldn't be a challenge to get on'em.....Keep at'em!!!! 
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: this week on canyon
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 08:23:24 AM »
and there ya have it
KABOOM time  :clap
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Register