Author Topic: Board went down  (Read 702 times)

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
Board went down
« on: October 06, 2015, 07:53:36 PM »
The board went down for an hour or two tonight.  I had to use a backup to restore it.  I was fortunate that the backup was made at 4:51 this afternoon, about an hour before the board went down. 

So if we are lucky we have not lost anybody's posts.

If we did lose your post then I apologize and can only request that you make your post again.

Thank you for being a member of this board.

Ed

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Board went down
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »
No problem Ed... Glad its back on.
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »
It appears that it jacked up my avatar, but I went back to my image host and modified it there. Haven't noticed anyone else's avatars grow exponentially like mine did...

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Crappie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »
It appears that it jacked up my avatar, but I went back to my image host and modified it there. Haven't noticed anyone else's avatars grow exponentially like mine did...

Naw, that happened when I increased the size of graphics that could be displayed so an animated gif would work for Pepop in his signature.   Turns out it sets the same limits for all graphics instead of allowing me to set limits by type of graphics.

There might be a mod that would addressed this but I'm leery of mods since the last one I added added external advertising in the footer of the board without my knowledge.  When I tried to uninstall it the mod shut the board down.  That is why it was down yesterday.  It took me a couple of hours to find a way to bring the board back up without the ads.   So I now distrust mods written for this board.

I might have allowed them the small advertisements had they asked me.  But I don't like sneaks and will not put up with it.

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 06:51:57 AM »
Naw, that happened when I increased the size of graphics that could be displayed so an animated gif would work for Pepop in his signature.   Turns out it sets the same limits for all graphics instead of allowing me to set limits by type of graphics.

There might be a mod that would addressed this but I'm leery of mods since the last one I added added external advertising in the footer of the board without my knowledge.  When I tried to uninstall it the mod shut the board down.  That is why it was down yesterday.  It took me a couple of hours to find a way to bring the board back up without the ads.   So I now distrust mods written for this board.

I might have allowed them the small advertisements had they asked me.  But I don't like sneaks and will not put up with it.

Understood, and no worries. Thanks for all the work you put into keeping this corner of the web up and running  :BestWishes

Register