Author Topic: Boat Cover  (Read 703 times)

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
Boat Cover
« on: November 02, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »
First off I have a 16 1/2' ranger bass boat with driver windshield only and trolling motor in the front.  Any cover I can order is for 16-18' boats and is always too big.  When the rains come it pulls the cove down and the water pools.  I'm thinking about building a PVC structure that will sit in top of the decks to give it some height and try to stop the water from pooling on top.  What are y'all's opinions on that, and does anybody have a good source for a custom cover that doesn't break the bank?
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
Re: Boat Cover
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 02:54:34 PM »
Custom covers are expensive plus some who shoot docks are jerks that don't hesitate to tear holes in them to retrieve their lures since most of them never learnt how to cast a lure.

I now buy a cheap one off the internet and then use three pieces of pvc pipe to hold the cover up so the water drains off it.  Doesn't look as good as a custom cover but I can't afford to spend a grand so some jerk can tear holes in it with his lures.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:47:58 PM by ezgoing »

Offline crappieman

• Crappie Keeper
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 07:34:12 PM »
I would buy a inexpensive one off the internet and use pvc pipes as ezgoing suggested.  I'm seen some good set ups on the internet so you might do some surfing to find a good setup for your boat.

I would do it for you but I am using a small tablet that is hard on the eyes and my big hands.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 07:45:37 PM »
There is a good one in Abilene. He isn't cheap, but reasonable for what you get.
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »
You might pm Tboxfish.  I'm thinking he just had a custom cover made and seemed to be real happy with it.
To whom much is given, much is required.

Offline Pepop

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 02:37:12 AM »
You might pm Tboxfish.  I'm thinking he just had a custom cover made and seemed to be real happy with it.
Tod said it was "Pricey"! Justin, I have a pvc "stringer" I use & it's pretty effective. I'll get a couple pictures today if it's not raining.

Register