Jig Tying/Lure Making > Pouring and Painting Jigheads

Opinions Needed

(1/2) > >>

Outlawelectric:
Let me start by saying that I only tie for myself and a few for friends and family and have no want to tie for the public or sale jigs in any way.  Trying to make money from a hobbie turns it into work, and takes the enjoyment out of it for me.  Christmas is just around the corner and I have been thinking about getting into pouring my own jig heads for awhile now. 

My question to the guys that do pour their own is "Is it worth the extra trouble to pour my own?"

Given that I don't use very many this may not be a very good idea since there is a learning curve on anything, and as little as I would pour could I realistically expect to get good results without doing it any more than I expect I will. 

On the other hand I have been less than impressed with the quality of the jig heads I have been buying lately, I won't mention names that's not what this is about, and think that I could do better pouring them myself. 

Let me know what y'all think. 

SK:
 :IAgree :NiceThread

HMK:
For me it's not. I get mine poured for .10 each. I just ordered 750 and that will lasted me a long long time.

SK:

--- Quote from: HMK on November 13, 2015, 09:18:14 AM ---For me it's not. I get mine poured for .10 each. I just ordered 750 and that will lasted me a long long time.

--- End quote ---
are they sickle hooks? How are they holding up? How long does it take to get'em after ordering?

HMK:
Yes Sir. Sickle hooks. The time depends, sometimes fast and sometime it takes a month or so. I don't rush him, I just place my order and he tells me when they are ready. They hold up great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version