FRESHWATER FISHING > Fly Fishing

Dubbing

(1/2) > >>

HMK:
Dubbing

After playing around with different brands of yarn, I find I like Red Heart the best. It just seems to be softer and not get "pills" when I blend it.

I'm on a dubbing kick at the moment. I've got about 8 different base colors I'm playing with.

jasoniam:
I like the color!!
Couple questions though!
Is that a coffee grinder? Looks like one! Just thinking if I ever get the concept of dubbing! Leads to second question!
Where is the dubbing beneficial as far as the jigs go or is it more for flies? I haven't messed with it at all as I really don't get the concept of it! But then again I have only tied now for two months!!

HMK:
Yes, it's a coffee grinder. There's several ways to make it. I'm thinking of buying a blending board. I suppose it's used more in flies, but I was thinking of playing with it for jigs. Kinda like the wool jigs that we all like so well.

jasoniam:
AAAAAHHHHHH Okay!! I do like that! Guess I may have to mess with that sometime!! Looks nice!

ezgoing:
Since I don't know what that is nor how it is used I will just keep my mouth shut.  But that is one nice looking jig.   :clap :clap :clap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version