Author Topic: UV Blast  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Outlawelectric

• Crappie Keeper
UV Blast
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:34:21 AM »
Anybody here used it?  And if so what are your opinions on how to apply it?  I know for me at least there was a learning curve for each different type of powder paint.  Example I have a super glow yellow that is very temperature sensitive when heating the head before you dip it in the powder paint.  If you get the lead too hot and pick up too much paint it will drip every time.  Also on the vein powder paints I have to be careful not to get the head too hot or I have drips.  Just wondering if with the UV blast being applied after the first coat of powder if there was a tendancy for the paint to drip while curing in the oven.
Don't sweat the small stuff!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: UV Blast
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 08:00:43 AM »
Interesting.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline z520tom

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 09:16:29 PM »
I use UV Blast over most colors including the glow colors. It will drip on curing if you do not get thin coats on. I use  a fluid bed and this helps keep the coats thin.

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 06:21:28 PM »
I haven't did any research on the uv & I didn't even now it was a powder.....
I may get some time soon to research to see what it's all about....
Thanks for the info Tom....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 11:07:46 AM »
I haven't did any research on the uv & I didn't even now it was a powder.....
I may get some time soon to research to see what it's all about....
Thanks for the info Tom....
you know how sometimes I get the heck bit out of my plastics bro ?
many times its possibly because several of them are UV enhanced .....possibly maybe kinda couldbe ...LOL
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 02:56:55 PM »
you know how sometimes I get the heck bit out of my plastics bro ?
many times its possibly because several of them are UV enhanced .....possibly maybe kinda couldbe ...LOL
VERY GOOD point....I'll be checking it out soon....already got a few extra fluid beds...