Author Topic: Dusted of the kayak  (Read 901 times)

Offline Tommy Ezell

• Crappie Dink
Dusted of the kayak
« on: December 14, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »
Couple of clips from today!

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Dusted of the kayak
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 08:42:33 PM »
looks like a fishin mochin...
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 10:30:28 PM »
Glad you posted these.  I'm thinking about buying a kayak or pirogue  for some of these stump holes around here that I don't want to put my boat in.  Any recommendations you could give such as what size boat (I'm 6 ft.  200lbs), sit in or sit on top, what brand to avoid, etc.....   any help would be appreciated.  Are they very hard to fish out of ? :helpsign

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 06:00:28 AM »
Removed :Thumbsup
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:02:55 PM by SK »
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Dr Erk

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 09:21:48 AM »
Glad you posted these.  I'm thinking about buying a kayak or pirogue  for some of these stump holes around here that I don't want to put my boat in.  Any recommendations you could give such as what size boat (I'm 6 ft.  200lbs), sit in or sit on top, what brand to avoid, etc.....   any help would be appreciated.  Are they very hard to fish out of ? :helpsign

It really depends on the water you'll be fishing. Longer boats (14' +) are best for larger bodies of water like lakes or anywhere you expect to have a lot of wind. Smaller kayaks are best for moving water since they turn faster but their top speed is usually lower and wind carries them around. If you want an alum around kayak, go 12 or 12.5'.

Your size isn't an issue. I'm 6'1" and 225 and have no issues with mine. I'm in a Jackson Cuda 14'. Looks like Tommy was on the same or similar Jackson kayak (the rod tip protector on the front is proprietary I think.)

Oh and sit on top is dedicatedly the way to go. Brand wise, it all depends on budget. Great deals can be found on Craigslist.

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 03:13:26 PM »
KABOOM  :clap
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Offline Tommy Ezell

• Crappie Dink
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 06:57:03 PM »
It really depends on the water you'll be fishing. Longer boats (14' +) are best for larger bodies of water like lakes or anywhere you expect to have a lot of wind. Smaller kayaks are best for moving water since they turn faster but their top speed is usually lower and wind carries them around. If you want an alum around kayak, go 12 or 12.5'.

Your size isn't an issue. I'm 6'1" and 225 and have no issues with mine. I'm in a Jackson Cuda 14'. Looks like Tommy was on the same or similar Jackson kayak (the rod tip protector on the front is proprietary I think.)

Oh and sit on top is dedicatedly the way to go. Brand wise, it all depends on budget. Great deals can be found on Craigslist.

Yes sir, that about sums it up.

I have the 2015 Cuda 12'

I'll be adding an 898 si this friday. :clap

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 08:06:49 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I was looking at an 11 1/2 footer at Academy but really had no idea what size to look for. 

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »
Removed....
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:01:37 PM by SK »
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline jasoniam

• Crappie Keeper
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 02:17:13 PM »
Guess I may bring mine out this weekend if anyone wants to join!! I haven't targeted crappie on a yak but why not give it a try!! Ray Hubbard or Cedar Creek Or Grapevine all work for me!!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 09:28:56 AM »
Removed..... :Thumbsup
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:02:19 PM by SK »