FRESHWATER FISHING > Fishing From Kayaks, Canoes, and other small watercraft

Dusted of the kayak

(1/3) > >>

Tommy Ezell:
Couple of clips from today!

Jig Man:
looks like a fishin mochin...

Bush Hog:
Glad you posted these.  I'm thinking about buying a kayak or pirogue  for some of these stump holes around here that I don't want to put my boat in.  Any recommendations you could give such as what size boat (I'm 6 ft.  200lbs), sit in or sit on top, what brand to avoid, etc.....   any help would be appreciated.  Are they very hard to fish out of ? :helpsign

SK:
Removed :Thumbsup

Dr Erk:

--- Quote from: Bush Hog on December 14, 2015, 10:30:28 PM ---Glad you posted these.  I'm thinking about buying a kayak or pirogue  for some of these stump holes around here that I don't want to put my boat in.  Any recommendations you could give such as what size boat (I'm 6 ft.  200lbs), sit in or sit on top, what brand to avoid, etc.....   any help would be appreciated.  Are they very hard to fish out of ? :helpsign

--- End quote ---

It really depends on the water you'll be fishing. Longer boats (14' +) are best for larger bodies of water like lakes or anywhere you expect to have a lot of wind. Smaller kayaks are best for moving water since they turn faster but their top speed is usually lower and wind carries them around. If you want an alum around kayak, go 12 or 12.5'.

Your size isn't an issue. I'm 6'1" and 225 and have no issues with mine. I'm in a Jackson Cuda 14'. Looks like Tommy was on the same or similar Jackson kayak (the rod tip protector on the front is proprietary I think.)

Oh and sit on top is dedicatedly the way to go. Brand wise, it all depends on budget. Great deals can be found on Craigslist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version