Author Topic: Finicky Fishes  (Read 542 times)

Offline Bush Hog

• Crappie Trophy King
Finicky Fishes
« on: May 28, 2016, 10:05:31 PM »
I knew they were there but couldn't figure out how to turn them on.  Tried several  different retrieves and varied the depth a little.  Started hopping the jig back to the boat and BINGO, the thumping began.  Caught several at that first spot and then moved to another spot but those fish wanted a slow steady retrieve....who am I to argue....slow and steady it is....THUMP.  Finished the morning with 17 in the cooler.

Offline Jig Man

• Crappie Trophy King
Re: Finicky Fishes
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 08:53:42 AM »
Must be nice, bait out a catfish hole in the back yard... :ROFLMAO
Your gonna need a bigger freezer... :roflmao1
17 fish is great.  :Thumbsup
And I haven't even untracked, worrying about  little rain... :bolt
>>>------------> Make It Count!!! <><

Offline ezgoing

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 09:24:09 AM »
It's hard to figured them out, they seem to change what they want every day.   I managed to fish a couple of hours Thursday at the Joe Pool Marina slip. 

First they wanted it dropped to the bottom then slowly raised past them.   Then they would bump it most of the time but a few small ones actually took it.

After about an hour they changed, wanting it suspended just above their level with no movement at all.  They weren't really in a feeding mode, most just bumping the lure.

At first I thought it was bream doing that until I caught a few of them.   They were in the 6-8 inch range, nothing to brag about.

I was told that the white bass fishing under a under water green light was also slow, just 10-15 in a four or five hour period of fishing.   Last year you would catch between 50-100 of them in that time period.

My guess is the high water scattered them and they have not returned to their normal areas yet.

Offline palestineag

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 08:30:21 PM »
Nice mess of crappie right there!

Offline SK

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 09:50:01 PM »
Figuring them out is a part of the fun.....

WTG BH & EZ.....
SOME GO FISHN, ME I GO CATCHN & ALWAYS FEED'EM A JIG CAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN CHASEN A MINNER IN A BUCKET!!!
HOPE YOUR JIGS STAY WET.....

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING YOUR PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....

Offline Esnow74

• Crappie Slabmaster
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 10:18:02 AM »
good job

Offline Ketchn

• Crappie Trophy King
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 07:33:12 AM »
Looks like ya applied some Texas toast to EM there brother ......love me a slab bandit
some think money makes you wealthy . yet others know the truth, your actual wealth isn't measured in this manner !
KABOOM

Register